dust under series 7 LCD, not series 5

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 30, 2007
hey guys,

ok, so i've examined 4 iPhones, one was a series 5, the other were all series 7. they are my friend's iPhones, so i was able to take my time and look'm over.

as we all know, the series 7 has a white checkered / polka-doted pattern when screen is on full brightness, very noticeable at night.
but now i've noticed that all series 7 LCD are getting little specs of dust under the screen, and the series 5 has no dust.
also the series 5 was purchased first, so it has had the longest time to accumulate dust, but no dust, only in the series 7 is there dust :(

i know i'm being picky as hell, but if there's already dust after two days of use, what's it gonna be like after i've owned it for a year?

you know see the dust most clearly when it's night time, dark, and if you're typing an e-mail or writing a note, cause' those applications have constant light backgrounds.
to verify that it is dust, after you find it, turn off the screen, and if you still see the dot there, it's a speck of dust, and not a dead pixel.

anyways, are there any series 5 iPhones with dust?

sorry to be so picky guys :(

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I have noticed this too but I don't think it is dust...I have seen it on 4 different phones but it appears to be some imperfection between the glass and the touch screen. I say it doesn't appear to be dust because if you look closely it resembles a bubble slightly larger than a pixel and over time it becomes larger. I could be wrong though.

Jul 17, 2007
as we all know, the series 7 has a white checkered / polka-doted pattern when screen is on full brightness, very noticeable at night.
Mine has no such pattern, no matter what angle, brightness setting, time of day or any other way I look at it. No dust either after two months...

Jun 30, 2007
yes, you might be right
cause' i've noticed what i think is dust, is in the center of the screen, not on the edges where you would think dust would first appear

Jun 30, 2007
yes, I keep my phone in my pocket a lot.
Weird thing is, I have had a lot of phones in the past with dust issues, but the dust has always started from the corners, this time there are two specks in the center, so weird.