dust under series 7 LCD, not series 5

Jun 30, 2007
hey guys,

ok, so i've examined 4 iPhones, one was a series 5, the other were all series 7. they are my friend's iPhones, so i was able to take my time and look'm over.

as we all know, the series 7 has a white checkered / polka-doted pattern when screen is on full brightness, very noticeable at night.
but now i've noticed that all series 7 LCD are getting little specs of dust under the screen, and the series 5 has no dust.
also the series 5 was purchased first, so it has had the longest time to accumulate dust, but no dust, only in the series 7 is there dust :(

i know i'm being picky as hell, but if there's already dust after two days of use, what's it gonna be like after i've owned it for a year?

you know see the dust most clearly when it's night time, dark, and if you're typing an e-mail or writing a note, cause' those applications have constant light backgrounds.
to verify that it is dust, after you find it, turn off the screen, and if you still see the dot there, it's a speck of dust, and not a dead pixel.

anyways, are there any series 5 iPhones with dust?

sorry to be so picky guys :(

Revans310

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
2 series 7 Phones and no dust, Bought both on launch day.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I have noticed this too but I don't think it is dust...I have seen it on 4 different phones but it appears to be some imperfection between the glass and the touch screen. I say it doesn't appear to be dust because if you look closely it resembles a bubble slightly larger than a pixel and over time it becomes larger. I could be wrong though.

Jul 17, 2007
as we all know, the series 7 has a white checkered / polka-doted pattern when screen is on full brightness, very noticeable at night.
Mine has no such pattern, no matter what angle, brightness setting, time of day or any other way I look at it. No dust either after two months...

Jun 30, 2007
yes, you might be right
cause' i've noticed what i think is dust, is in the center of the screen, not on the edges where you would think dust would first appear

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Do you work in a high dust environment or keep your phone in your pocket all the time or anything?

Jun 30, 2007
yes, I keep my phone in my pocket a lot.
Weird thing is, I have had a lot of phones in the past with dust issues, but the dust has always started from the corners, this time there are two specks in the center, so weird.

Sep 30, 2007
How do I find out of it's a series 5 or a series 7 screen?