DVD Conversion problem

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Very strange, I have been using wondershare DVD to iPhone conversion for years now and when the 3GS came out, I had to make some tweaks to the program to RIP my movies but it still worked. The frame rate was a tab lower but acceptable. Now wondershare came out with an update to allow conversion with the 3GS. I DL it and tried to convert a movie. No problems... I drag and dropped into iTunes, proceeded to sync and iTunes says the movie is not compatable with this iPhone?! All my other already converted movies still allowed me to take off and re-ad the movies to the iPhone. The newly converted movie was grayed out in iTunes when I added. It allowed me to check it off but will not put it onto my iPhone. Anyone having any simular problems? My wifes regular 3G works just fine. Its just my 3GS. Anyone using any good converters that they know work very well with the 3GS..?

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
I tried to figure out all the free combos and finally settled on DVD Magic for $29 bucks. It sounds like the update for your program is flawed so I'd let the developers know and maybe it will be fixed shortly.

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Weird... I am having the same problem with 2 different converters. They are very simular to each other. Almost like the same converter with different shells. Anyway, converted using Daniusoft dvd to iPhone converter now... Converts fine, drag and dropped, says not compatable with this iPhone. This sucks!

ipwn3gs

Bronze
Jul 12, 2009
u can aways use dvd dyp programs and conver it with free software as well. i would recommend it because no quality lost.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Don't get discouraged as different people are having different quirks with 3.0. Hopefully 3.1 will be out soon and your issue maybe solved. There have been quite a few problems that I haven't had and I have a couple that haven't been mentioned by others. So we'll see.
Good luck!

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
I use cucusoft for $29 and it's great.

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
It's for windows, not sure though for Mac.

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
I have windows. I looked it up and I think it will only work for windows not mac, if that's what you mean but I may be wrong.

fz1dave

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
nw indiana
There is a version of Handbrake for Windows. Works great.