DVD movies to iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
I think this may have been asked before but...

How do i rip one of my dvd movies and get it on my iPhone..

thanks..

sorry for being a nub.

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
I think this may have been asked before but...

How do i rip one of my dvd movies and get it on my iPhone..

thanks..

sorry for being a nub.
Go over to the iPhone Software Section and on the top there is a Tutorial there. If you don't like that software I would suggest CuCuSoft DVD to iPod, costs $30, but worth it in my opinion.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I use my son's program for his PSP. They sell it at Target for like $25. It converts your DVD to MP4 and then you just import it into your iTunes video file. It's called 123movie2PSP.

Jun 30, 2007
http://handbrake.m0k.org/

This is the best and easiest software I've used, and I've used it since the iPod video first came out.

Download this,

Set "Constant Bitrate" to 400,
Check the box next to "2-pass encoding" (takes twice as long, but ensures audio and video are ALWAYS in sync)
Click "Picture settings" and adjust the video for your iPhone's screen.
Make sure to click "Browse" in the upper right hand corner and rename and save the movie to an accessible folder.

Once that's done, open up iTunes, and drag the movie to your library.

After that's done copying, go to the 'video' tab of your iPhone's sync screen, and put a check next to the movie(s) you want on your iPhone, and click apply.

Voila!

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
http://handbrake.m0k.org/

This is the best and easiest software I've used, and I've used it since the iPod video first came out.

Download this,

Set "Constant Bitrate" to 400,
Check the box next to "2-pass encoding" (takes twice as long, but ensures audio and video are ALWAYS in sync)
Click "Picture settings" and adjust the video for your iPhone's screen.
Make sure to click "Browse" in the upper right hand corner and rename and save the movie to an accessible folder.

Once that's done, open up iTunes, and drag the movie to your library.

After that's done copying, go to the 'video' tab of your iPhone's sync screen, and put a check next to the movie(s) you want on your iPhone, and click apply.

Voila!

Where is that constant bitrate setting?

Also under picture mode what are the dimensions for the iPhone?

Thanks