DVD on MBP to Apple TV Gray Screen

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I believe this is DRM related, but there are a few applications that should serve as a workaround. I would suggest trying the $15 iBeamer app. It won't play DVDs, but it supports playback of VOB files within the VIDEO_TS folder. They have a free trial on their website.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The DVD Player app won't work with AirPlay Mirroring enabled due to DRM limitations.

Instead download the free VLC app and use it to play your DVDs and them stream them to the Apple TV via AirPlay Mirroring. If audio is still being played on the computer while video is on the TV, go to the VLC audio settings and select AirPlay.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
The DVD Player app won't work with AirPlay Mirroring enabled due to DRM limitations.

Instead download the free VLC app and use it to play your DVDs and them stream them to the Apple TV via AirPlay Mirroring. If audio is still being played on the computer while video is on the TV, go to the VLC audio settings and select AirPlay.
I was going to recommend MPlayerX, which is VLC derivitave, but I wasn't sure if it played DVDs or supported AirPlay. Thanks for recommending VLC. That's a the free soluton to @bballrob 's issue.(y)