DVD to DVD question

Discussion in 'DVD to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch' started by jerni, Jul 28, 2013.

1. jerni

jerni Member
    Bronze

I've seen a lot of questions about DVD to iPad/iPhone. Well my issue is burning the ripped DVD to another DVD just a good ol copy. I've tried a couple of programs to convert the discs handbrake, MDRP (Mac DVD Ripper Pro), Burn none of them are doing what I need. On one hand the disc will play in one dvd player but on the other it won't play on my PS3 (it reads it as data).

Mac DVD Ripper Pro (this gives you 5 free rips as a trial, times 2 MacBooks, I've had 10 tries of trial and error) it seems to be doing what I need so far with ripping it. What type of file does it need to be to play as a DVD. They were ripped to DVD media player document.

This is getting frustrating. Please help.

2. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

I haven't ripped a DVD in a couple of years but its not as simple as copying a file. There are several files it needs to copy and they need to be placed on the DVD in the correct places on the disk. Just to name a few IFO and avi's I always found that the cheaper DVD players read ripped DVD better as they are more forgiving and that may be the problem with the ps3. If the program you are using works I would stay with that.

3. jerni

jerni Member
    Bronze

Well that's the thing, MDRP gives me a few options on how to rip I just don't know which options is correct. When I did full disc image and burn copy there was an error with burning it. ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1375042691.226907.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

4. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

I would use the first option or the main movie only disk image is a little different and is mainly to store and put on a DVD later. Also the error maybe the blanks you are using. I always bought the cheapest and seemed to have better luck than the name brands.

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

If it is a disk that has already been ripped, just make a copy of the disk. Should need to re-rip it or anything. Just a direct disk copy.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I haven't done this in years, but using Mac the Ripper to rip the DVD and then putting that file into Toast Titanium to burn the disc worked fine for me. They played on a PS3.

7. jerni

jerni Member
    Bronze

Isn't Toast expensive? What I've noticed about the files is that a couple are too big for the disc 4.7gb disc & 5.1gb file but still doesn't explain not playing in the PS3 or XBox.

Are there any other suggestions for software that will burn .iso files as DVD?

Sent using iCafe app