DVD to iPhone converter

azcats1

Jul 5, 2007
Is Wondershare DVD to iPhone Converter the one to get to rip DVD's so you can view them on your iPhone..How does it work? Will the movies go into iTunes once they are converted over so you can then load the movie to you iPhone..

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
What is the average file size for converting a DVD to iPhone format (using Wondershare)? I used Aimersoft's DVD to iPhone Suite and it converted the dvd to 1.26GB or something like that. Isn't that a lot? My files done through DVD Decryptor and Videora came out to 766MB or less and those were full DVD movies as well.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
What is the average file type for converting a DVD to iPhone format (using Wondershare)? I used Aimersoft's DVD to iPhone Suite and it converted the dvd to 1.26GB or something like that. Isn't that a lot? My files done through DVD Decryptor and Videora came out to 766MB or less and those were full DVD movies as well.

You mean file SIZE?
I use Handbrake for Windows, and it not only was easy as heck, but it made a perfect copy on the first try, and it was fast.

Details:
Lowest quality for video and audio (still looks and sounds awesome)
915 mB
Movie Length: 2 hours, 7 minutes, 18 seconds

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
Handbrake for Mac - it's free and it works!

I just took the existing iPod setting in Handbrake, and modified the final screen size to fit the iPhone - left everything else as per the iPod set-up.

Worked first time - did a great job of ripping my DVD - and I just dropped into iTunes and synced to the iPhone :)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Handbrake for Mac - it's free and it works!

I just took the existing iPod setting in Handbrake, and modified the final screen size to fit the iPhone - left everything else as per the iPod set-up.

Worked first time - did a great job of ripping my DVD - and I just dropped into iTunes and synced to the iPhone :)
What was your final screen size setting for the iPhone?

jpetticrew

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Houston
I am looking for a good, hopefully free, piece of software that will rip a DVD and transcode it to mp4. $30.00 is about my limit on money though.

Thanks.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i use avex, and i'm very happy with it. it's $29, and very fast. On my mediocre machine (acer aspire 3000) it rips at about 1x (2 hour movie rips in about 2 hours).

jpetticrew

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Houston
I was gonna buy Avex, but I couldn't find a Mac version. I just ripped Family Guy Blue Harvest with Handbrake in about 30 minutes. Works great. Thanks gcvt.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Yeah, Handbrake has been very good. One of the best freewares for Mac. I think that brings the total of freeware count to like 5 now.