DVD to iPhone

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
my moms cousin has an iPhone and she wants me to put a video on it, but if i put a video on wont it delete her music bacuse i don't have here playlist on my pc ? and when she goes home whont the video get deleted if she syncs her phone ? so how can i get the video on her phone without jailbreaking it ?

im thinking of just riping it, then put it on a dvd for her to put on her pc, then she can put it on her phone...but is there anyother way ?

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
my moms cousin has an iPhone and she wants me to put a video on it, but if i put a video on wont it delete her music bacuse i don't have here playlist on my pc ? and when she goes home whont the video get deleted if she syncs her phone ? so how can i get the video on her phone without jailbreaking it ?

im thinking of just riping it, then put it on a dvd for her to put on her pc, then she can put it on her phone...but is there anyother way ?
I believe you can change the settings on your iTunes not to automatically sync, so you can manually add the files to your iPhone. I am 95% certain that you can do it that way.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
so do i have to check the sync only checked music and videos ? or manually manage music and videos ? or bolth ?

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
so do i have to check the sync only checked music and videos ? or manually manage music and videos ? or bolth ?
yes, manually manage everything. but don't do anything until someone else confirms this, I don't want to mess you up :) I could actually test it with my ipod touch....

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
i found it, i have to check manually manage music and videos and i can just drag and drop like a reg. ipod

thanks

i tested with my iPhone first

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
i found it, i have to check manually manage music and videos and i can just drag and drop like a reg. ipod

thanks

i tested with my iPhone first
Okay good, Im glad it worked for you. :)

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
ok, UPDATE !
it works for my phone, but if i check thoes options it has to erase there files, so i dono how to do this now

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
ok, UPDATE !
it works for my phone, but if i check thoes options it has to erase there files, so i dono how to do this now
wait so you tried it with her iPhone? The only problem with this also is that in the future if she wants to keep it on her phone she is going to have to manually add everything from then on or it will get deleted whenever she does an auto-sync

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
wait so you tried it with her iPhone? The only problem with this also is that in the future if she wants to keep it on her phone she is going to have to manually add everything from then on or it will get deleted whenever she does an auto-sync
yes, my phone lets me manually sync, but if i try with here phone it says it will have to erase her playlist to sync with my iTunes

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
okay first you have to go to preferences and check the box under sync where it says "disable auto sync with all ipods and iPhones'

did you do this step?

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
okay if you do the step above, then don't press sync anything, just check the video that she wants and drag and drop it into her iPhone

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
hmmm well it shows up in the list but it wont let you sync them separately, that is annoying. There must be a way!

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Use Handbrake, it's made by the people who made Transmission so it's bound to be a great app.

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
If you are on a PC you can try iPhone PC suite.

I am using it now to upload a video to my phone.

Edit: didn't really check the date on this post

prashant9

Apr 3, 2008
hi friends.
New member here! well i just want to disscuss where can we get a DVD to iPhone converter absolutely free of cost without any limitations.

Prashant

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Welcome to the forums. Don't think I'm being rude when I suggest you should Google this topic but that is the best solution for finding the right software package for your specific computer and needs.

You have to make several decisions, including whether you want free software. Software packages are platform dependant, so you will need to answer whether or not you are using a Mac or PC. I don't know the degree of technical savvy. That will impact whether you want a package with a straight forward GUI or something that has more flexibility, but requires additional expertise.

I've been burned by a number of software packages, some I've bought. For my Mac, I've been very happy ripping the movie using Mac the Ripper to my hard drive, then using either Handbrake or Visual Hub to make the final MP4 conversion. For my PC, I've been very happy ripping the movie using DVD FAB HD Decrypter, and converting it using Nero Ultimate or Handbrake.