DVDShrink -> Handbrake; multiple titles

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jan 16, 2008
NY
I just bought some old Mr. Bean TV skits on DVD. Each disk contains 6 titles, each title contains 5 chapters. (Each chapter is a skit about 5 minutes long, so each title is about 25 minutes long and thereforee each disk contains about 2.5 hours of video. There are 3 disks!)

I used DVDShrink on the disk (reauthor mode; left out the menus etc), which got me a VIDEO_TS directory with the 6 titles. When I let Handbrake process this, I specified the VIDEO_TS directory as the input, not any specific file. The resulting mp4 only contained the first title (5 chapters, 25 minutes). I was expecting it to pick up all 6 titles since they were in the same directory. Any ideas how to get this to happen?

(I've ripped lots of long, single-title movies successfuly. This is my first multiple-title disk.)

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I just bought some old Mr. Bean TV skits on DVD. Each disk contains 6 titles, each title contains 5 chapters. (Each chapter is a skit about 5 minutes long, so each title is about 25 minutes long and thereforee each disk contains about 2.5 hours of video. There are 3 disks!)

I used DVDShrink on the disk (reauthor mode; left out the menus etc), which got me a VIDEO_TS directory with the 6 titles. When I let Handbrake process this, I specified the VIDEO_TS directory as the input, not any specific file. The resulting mp4 only contained the first title (5 chapters, 25 minutes). I was expecting it to pick up all 6 titles since they were in the same directory. Any ideas how to get this to happen?

(I've ripped lots of long, single-title movies successfuly. This is my first multiple-title disk.)
If you want only one MP4 file, go back to DVD Shrink, and re-author such that your resulting file only has one title. Handbrake can then process the video TS as a single file.

Jan 16, 2008
NY
If you want only one MP4 file, go back to DVD Shrink, and re-author such that your resulting file only has one title. Handbrake can then process the video TS as a single file.
I have not figured out how to do that. I can drag the titles to the DVD compilation window, but I don't know how to get 1 title. Ideas?