DVDShrink -> Handbrake; multiple titles

Discussion in 'DVD to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch' started by jdmarino, Feb 17, 2008.

1. jdmarino

jdmarino Member

I just bought some old Mr. Bean TV skits on DVD. Each disk contains 6 titles, each title contains 5 chapters. (Each chapter is a skit about 5 minutes long, so each title is about 25 minutes long and thereforee each disk contains about 2.5 hours of video. There are 3 disks!)

I used DVDShrink on the disk (reauthor mode; left out the menus etc), which got me a VIDEO_TS directory with the 6 titles. When I let Handbrake process this, I specified the VIDEO_TS directory as the input, not any specific file. The resulting mp4 only contained the first title (5 chapters, 25 minutes). I was expecting it to pick up all 6 titles since they were in the same directory. Any ideas how to get this to happen?

(I've ripped lots of long, single-title movies successfuly. This is my first multiple-title disk.)

2. Eragon

Eragon Zealot
    Gold

If you want only one MP4 file, go back to DVD Shrink, and re-author such that your resulting file only has one title. Handbrake can then process the video TS as a single file.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. jdmarino

jdmarino Member

I have not figured out how to do that. I can drag the titles to the DVD compilation window, but I don't know how to get 1 title. Ideas?

5. Eragon

Eragon Zealot
    Gold

Try this link. Your freeware options are limited. I use Nero Recode which has a built in capability for merging titles. I've also used DVD2OneX. Another option, is to rip each episode into vob files and merge them. Similarly, you can use the procedure you have been using and merge the resulting mp4 files.

http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/showsoftware_vobmerger_385.html

6. jdmarino

jdmarino Member