Dwindling battery life since update to iOS 5

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

guest004

Oct 25, 2011
Since I upgrade to IOS 5 my battery run down so quickly. I heard that there is a beta update of IOS 5, is it true because my iTunes didn't show me any update of the beta version of the IOS 5.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Since I upgrade to IOS 5 my battery run down so quickly. I heard that there is a beta update of IOS 5, is it true because my iTunes didn't show me any update of the beta version of the IOS 5.
There is a new iOS update available to registered iOS Apple developers. The latest version is iOS 5.0.1 and one of it's features is to address battery associated problems. It shouldn't be long until it's publicly available.

Thread moved to the iOS Software section.

Last edited by a moderator:

guest004

Oct 25, 2011
Thread title edited (epic spelling error) :)

There is a new iOS update available to registered iOS Apple developers. The latest version is iOS 5.0.1 and one of it's features is to address battery associated problems. It shouldn't be long until it's publicly available.

Thread moved to the iOS Software section.
thanks, i'm looking forward to it's release, because my battery run down so easily now

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I updated to the new beta. My usage is pretty much the same every day. Normally by now I would be down to 58-62%.
I am still at 81%.
I know it's not scientific but it is definitely noticeable.
Tom