e-Books in iPhone and iPad 2 ?

jacklynee

Bronze
Nov 26, 2011
Hello,

I bought an iPad 2 for my wife and it is coming in the mail from Apple store but i been testing e-books in iPhone 3GS and 4 with ibook app and i am not able to convert some of my e-books and pdf to work in iTunes and iBooks app. I tried to convert kindle books and other format books to Apple book format and it did not work. i used online and some software like cailbare but i am not able to get them working

Please advise
Thank you

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
Get the Kindle app from the iTunes store and link your Amazon account and import the books- the Kindle app works great on the iPad and iPhone . I can be reading a book on the iPad and then read it on the iphone-it syncs to the last page i was reading on any device .Not sure about your ebooks and pdf's though.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Do a little goggling (?) google ing on ePub converters, or whatever format your using. There are some programs that will make a conversion for you, butnyou may run into the copy rite issue(s) with DRM.

Vonwachtstain

Bronze
Jan 2, 2011
CT, USA
E-calibre is excellent and free. You can convert to many different formats And it already has different set ups optimized for different devices. Obviously iPad is there and Kindle. But there are many others

jacklynee

Bronze
Nov 26, 2011
Hello,

E-calibre convert to ibooks wont work i tested it in my iPhone 4 iso 5.1
i-books wont even see the books

Thanks

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
Hello,

E-calibre convert to ibooks wont work i tested it in my iPhone 4 iso 5.1
i-books wont even see the books

Thanks
As was already said, if they were purchased through Amazon, as well as many other retailers, they are DRM protected, so you won't be able to convert them and use them in iBooks.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!