E-mail: Comcast vs Hotmail

1. CHP4LiFe

CHP4LiFe New Member

I did a quick search and didn't really come up with anything. I currently have my 3G setup with my Hotmail (premium) and Comcast E-mail accounts. With my Comcast account, anytime I receive an E-mail, I get the audible/vibrate notification along with the little "1" that comes up next to the Mail app. Great.

With my Hotmail account, I don't get any kind of notification. I have to scroll all the way to the bottom of all of my Emails and click "Load More Messages: 2 unread."

Am I missing something or is that just the way Hotmail is? I would like to have some notification that I have new E-mails with Hotmail.

2. OJsakila

OJsakila New Member

Those might be the two worst possible email providers on the entire Internet. I wouldn't expect too much from either one.

Go to settings and adjust which email account is default. Maybe that will help...

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Swagger

Swagger New Member
    Gold

Hotmail does not include PUSH. You have to manually pull your email. If you want a free PUSH email client. I would suggest Yahoo, if you want to pay MobileMe (when it works)...Mark

Also: The iPhone will search for non PUSH email clients if you have fetch enabled...

Settings>Fetch New Data> Set frequency of fetch

5. vinnyvegas

vinnyvegas New Member

yes, I've found Yahoo & Gmail are best...my comcast works pretty good too but I had to play around w/ it a lot...& I cannot send emails via comcast, so I use Gmail...exported all contacts to gmail & just let important people know I'll reply via gmail...works great. Also found a work around group emails so I don't have to go select each & every person...

GL

6. IphoneTony

IphoneTony Zealot
    Gold

I have comcast and love it. Make sure the outgoing mail server is set to smtp.comcast.net

7. S-Man

S-Man Member
    Bronze

I have comcast also, and have had a difficult time sending emails. It's like they won't send until I get to my at-home wi-fi. Checking mail has not been a problem though.
    What I hate though, is that if the message is too long, i.e. too many replies, it won't load the message.
    Typing on this thing is a B too!