E-mail Gripes....

Jun 28, 2007
While I'm enjoying my iPhone overall, one thing that bothers me the most is the e-mail.

Is there any way to shorten the time that it checks e-mail on the server. The shortest interval is 15 minutes...Very long in my opinion considering i came from a push e-mail blackberry.

Secondly...I still can't get yahoo to push. Is there some special setting to make it push? It seems to still be checking every 15 minutes, as the time interval setting is for all e-mail accounts and not a single specific account.

Third, is there a way to see all your e-mail in one box (ie. Apple mail)? Because I have 5 e-mail accounts set up, it would be much easier if it could show them in an all accounts view.

Otherwise...i'm having lots of fun. Just hope I can iron out these e-mail issues :)

Chris

DHNF

Jul 1, 2007
I forward my Yahoo to my regular email account so that part isn't a problem but the 15 minute check is totally lame. I agree.

Jun 28, 2007
With my blackberry before, the only push account for BIS was my username@blackberry.tmo.net. I would forward all my different accounts, g-mail, work etc to that blackberry e-mail address and it would push all my e-mail in seconds.

I just did another test on yahoo push, and now it seems to work. :)

But I'd still like to have a solution that cuts the check time for other accounts to less than 15 minutes. I know that's can't be solved right away, but i hope Apple considers this in their next update.

Chris

typer922

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
Even 15 minutes burns up the battery.
This is true and I guess that's why Apple set it to only 15 min. It of course checks it everytime you hit the mail app but that's a hassle.

Jun 28, 2007
While this might be the case, I still think Apple could have given us the option for those that need e-mail sooner than every 15 minutes.

At least now Yahoo push is working for me... :)

Sonikku

Jun 6, 2007
What's killing me is that I can't save photo's emailed to me so as to put them in an album or set them as a wallpaper :/ If you're not going to let us have MMS you need to let us save photo's locally that are mailed to us!

invincible569

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I would like to have instant email as well. If battery is an issue, then if there was a way to just use a led indicator light instead of the vibrate/ringer option.

datafirm

Jul 3, 2007
I would like to have instant email as well. If battery is an issue, then if there was a way to just use a led indicator light instead of the vibrate/ringer option.
I agree with all that is said in this thread. The problem is, IMAP IDLE is never going to be as good as Blackberry. :(

Not LED indicator sucks too! :(

ItoGator

Jul 3, 2007
What's killing me is that I can't save photo's emailed to me so as to put them in an album or set them as a wallpaper :/ If you're not going to let us have MMS you need to let us save photo's locally that are mailed to us!

I know this isn't the perfect solution, but why don't you just mail photos back to yourself? This way they will be on your email server when you get home.

osiris24x

Jul 4, 2007
Portland, Oregon
Amen! You'd think they'd give us one or the other...

briuhn

Jun 27, 2007
I think we can all agree here that the biggest problem, is for 6 months, Apple has been telling us we can get true desktop email, with "push" capabilities. I know myself, and many other users who come from wm6 on exchange and blackberries are used to instant, flawless, consistent emails. Now i know we are all patient, and due to the "wow" factor of this device we are all attempting to work out the bugs, but there is a very small % of people who are getting the "push" to work consistently every time. Myself, as well as many others have goten "push" like test emails to work, however later in the day, we all go back to "pulling" every 15 minutes and emails received an hour after being sent. The lack of a "reply to" is also beyond me. Any thoughts? how long before we see an update fixing some of these issues?