E-mail on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jalalawi, Nov 17, 2011.

1. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

I noticed that if I delete the e-mails from my iPhone and then I access my e-mail through my lap top, the mails that I deleted are still on my Inbox which means that when I deleted them from my iPhone have not been deleted from the Server. Also if I re setup my e-mail account on my iPhone, all the e-mail that have been deleted from my iPhone will be uploaded again! I have noticed this is Live Account and my Carrier Account but not in Gmail and Yahoo.

2. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

I use to have that issue too with iOS4.x, jailbroken and an MSN account. Kind of fixed in iOS5, for me at least.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

3. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

Hv noticed this after upgrade to ios 5.0.1 and re setup my e-mail Accounts!

4. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

That works for Exchange and iMap but not pop accounts.

5. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

Could you please elaborate further.

6. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

Microsoft's Hotmail/Live Mail have lousy integration with anything but WP7 phones. I think Microsoft wants it that way. The ball is in Microsoft's court to update their systems to work properly with other systems.

My mac.com email account integrates beautifully with my iPhone and Mail.app on my iMac.

7. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

From what I understand, an email account has to be set up as iMap or Exchange for it to do what you want. For example I have my Gmail set up as Exchange. When I delete an email from my laptop, it deletes from my iPhone and vice versa. My COX pop account does not do that. If its downloaded to my iPhone and/or laptop and its deleted on one it wont delete on the other.