e-mail question on iPhone

acf83

Nov 16, 2007
i cannot for the life of me figure out how to change how often i am notified of a e-mail on my iPhone. if i am not mistaken there is a 15min, 30min, 1hour & manuel. I just can't find it.. any help?

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
i cannot for the life of me figure out how to change how often i am notified of a e-mail on my iPhone. if i am not mistaken there is a 15min, 30min, 1hour & manuel. I just can't find it.. any help?
try:

settings - mail - Autocheck

I'd really like this under individual mail accounts so I can have different settings for each account. Please Apple.

acf83

Nov 16, 2007
try:

settings - mail - Autocheck

I'd really like this under individual mail accounts so I can have different settings for each account. Please Apple.

no autocheck found, followed settings-mail-then no autocheck noted. i beieve this is the same thing my friend tod me to do.

acf83

Nov 16, 2007
i never recalled seeing it before, when i went to 1.1.2 was only a couple of days after i had the phone. it might had been there before. i really have not done anything w/ this phone other then load music/movies from iTunes

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
i never recalled seeing it before, when i went to 1.1.2 was only a couple of days after i had the phone. it might had been there before. i really have not done anything w/ this phone other then load music/movies from iTunes
I'd give it one last chance to appear by turning the phone off and then on again - if it doesn't heed that warning I'd sync/backup and then restore it.

pramod91

Nov 9, 2007
what mail are u using? I'm using yahoo and the option did not show up, i added another account(my work email) and the option shows up in the settings.
Regardless of what i have it set to manual or 15, 30 mins , the phone shows me i have new mail. Both my emails are IMAP , i don't know if that has anything to do with my phone downloading these emails when i have it set to manual check!

Sep 28, 2007
Is your e-mail account set up as an IMAP account or Push mail? If so, I believe I read somewhere that you won't have the option of selecting an interval at which to check e-mail, since (presumably) it will arrive immediately upon being sent.

I have a POP account, so I could be wrong on this...anyone know for sure?

Mike

acf83

Nov 16, 2007
Is your e-mail account set up as an IMAP account or Push mail? If so, I believe I read somewhere that you won't have the option of selecting an interval at which to check e-mail, since (presumably) it will arrive immediately upon being sent.

I have a POP account, so I could be wrong on this...anyone know for sure?

Mike
I am looking pretty green here, I don't know the difference between IMAP & push mail

acf83

Nov 16, 2007
ok I think I got it figured out, I checked the push-mail settings & when switched the setting the window showed up to change the intervials