E-mail server?

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
On my laptop there are two e-mail accounts, yahoo.com and cox.net. On my iPhone I only have one account, yahoo. I went into the settings under mail and I have 3 servers, Yahoo, At&t and cox.net. Can I just delete the cox.net server since I don't have that account in my iPhone? It could make a difference in sorting out my e-mails. thanks

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
You can, but I'm guessing you don't have/use that cox.net email account/email address, right?

carrera.owner

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Long Island, NY
If I understand, you wish to remove the cox.net account from your iPhone? If so, all you have to to is connect to the iPhone via iTunes, and then, under the 'info' tab, scroll down until you find Mail Accounts and uncheck the cox.net account and resync.

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
My wife is using the cox.net account on the laptop that we share that I also use to sync my iPhone with. I have yahoo address configured in iTunes and cox.net unchecked but in my phone I still have cox.net as a server which I have the option to delete, I turned it off for now. Can I completely delete it from my phone?
Also, does my internet provider which is cox.net has anything to do with my phone?

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Ah. First things first.

Do you and your wife have SEPARATE logins for the PC? If not, then you should, thus you can keep data, and profiles separate.

If not, you can't delete anything, because then she can't use it.

Also, since you have cox.net as your service provider, then you automatically get an email address with them. Albeit you don't have to use it ;)

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
Ok, I got that, thanks
One more thing, in iTunes under info where I sync e-mails and contacts etc. theres a selection for web browser and there are two options, Safari and Internet explorer. Mine is set to Internet explorer and when I selected safari there was a warning that it will change something. Which one is the proper setting? and what would it change?

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Which browser do you use on your PC/MAC? Internet Explorer or Safari?

Bottom line is, which ever you use, sync that one. It will thus sync all your bookmarks (favourites) to your iPhone...