EA announces the SIMs 3, SIMcity, and spores for the iPhone

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
That is very exciting. I've been a Sims follower for as long as I can remember so would definitely be willing to pay to have it on my iPhone. I can't wait for Spore to come out for the Mac, it should be pretty awesome.

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
AUSTRALIA HAS SPORE ON PC/MAC. released yesterday XD!

iPhone + spore... + more EA games..... = i'd never get off it.

Voltaic Shock

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Leesburg, VA
Now what would be cool is if we could load our SimCity 3 files onto the iPhone so we could play our cities and then copy them back to the PC - :p

IPHONEmp

Bronze
Aug 27, 2008
Columbia, South Carolina
Now what would be cool is if we could load our SimCity 3 files onto the iPhone so we could play our cities and then copy them back to the PC - :p
Im sure that would be easily possible unless they use different file extensions. and even more easy with a jailbroken iPhone.

jpete24

Aug 17, 2008
I bet it will be something in the lines of SimCity 2000 revamped to look nicer, and iPhone touchscreen usable. I couldn't see it being something with a TON of options for creating a city. With this said, I'm super pumped. I will be getting spore on Monday.

drsfinest72

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
I bet it will be something in the lines of SimCity 2000 revamped to look nicer, and iPhone touchscreen usable. I couldn't see it being something with a TON of options for creating a city. With this said, I'm super pumped. I will be getting spore on Monday.
i think touch screen for sim city would be too hard. as for the sims. its easier. the sims is cool!

IPHONEmp

Bronze
Aug 27, 2008
Columbia, South Carolina
I agree I think touch screen will be very difficult to use .. maybe with a stylus or something but im not sure how they would work that with city... anyone Else have any insite on this subject?

ejs06003

May 28, 2008
I found out out spore a long time ago and watched every video i could find and I was saving some money for it for my PC. THen i found out it was coming out for iPhone and almost peed my pants but then I found out more details and was not so thrilled. Im just mad that in Spore you can not go on land. Im really mad. It could have easily been incorporated. Im on the fence now about getting spore for my iPhone.

I am also excited for the Sims as well. Its such a cool game for PC/MAC

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
So where is Spore Origins? This is my response in another thread:

According to this article: http://www.macworld.com/article/1353...ile.html?t=109

Spore Origins will be available "later this month."

I'm not sure why everyone thinks the iPhone version will come out on the same day as the desktop version. I have seen nothing official that says Spore Origins is being released on the same day as Spore. Even this Gizmodo article relents that EA said that the game will come out sometime in September: http://gizmodo.com/5046199/the-week-...nds+on-edition

I really do hope it will come out sometime today. But, I'm not holding my breath or betting my house on it.

Twinnie

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I've never been big on mobile gaming and since there aren't really any dedicated touch screen games that go beyond gimmicky puzzle games then I doubt I'll be starting any time soon. There's only Monkey Ball and I have that for the Wii but didn't play it much, I'm not paying £5.99 to find out that it's worse. The only game I can imagine working on the iPhone is Loco Roco, like tilting the iPhone to bounce them along, that'd be awesome but it won't ever happen since it's owned by Sony. Potentially a good selling point for the Xperia though.

Sim City sounds decent though, I know it won't but if it was set up to sync with the PC/Mac install of SC3 through iTunes when it synced the rest of them that'd be really cool. I'd really want Civilization 4 on the iPhone though, that's the sim I like the most.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
This is what was on the home page of modmyifone.com

"Today EA announced many new games will be available for the iPhone/iPod Touch in the future.

Spore Origins For iPhone Launch Date: September 7.
New Games: YAHTZEE Adventures, EA Mini Golf, Lemonade Tycoon™, Mahjong, MONOPOLY: Here & Now The World Edition, SimCity, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 09, Need for Speed™ Undercover, and The Sims™ 3."

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I've never been big on mobile gaming and since there aren't really any dedicated touch screen games that go beyond gimmicky puzzle games then I doubt I'll be starting any time soon. There's only Monkey Ball and I have that for the Wii but didn't play it much, I'm not paying £5.99 to find out that it's worse.
If you're calling Super Monkeyball a "dedicated touch screen game" then here's a few more titles that are not gimmicky puzzle games.

Asphalt 4 has 3 ways of playing: touch screen, accelerometer or on-screen steering. Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D also uses the accelerometer and has been one of the top racing games.
Of course, there are also Cro-Mag Rally, Moto Chaser and GTS World Racing.

Cannon Challenge is an interesting free game from the Discovery Channel.

Vay is an actual RPG with decent graphics.

Funky Punch is the only fighting game and it's in 3D.

Billy Frontier is the only first-person shooting game.

Toy Bot Diaries is a great platform Super Mario-like game with interesting touch screen controls.

Cybersaurus 3D and Tank Ace 1944 are third-person shooters with virtual 3D landscapes.

StarSmasher is a third-person shooter in space.

Chopper and SolarQuest are side-scrolling shooters.

DeadlySpace, Blue Skies, and Tilt Fighter are vertical-scrolling shooters.

For sports lovers, there's Beach Volleyball, 300 Bowl, Vegas Pool Sharks, and Tennis Slam just to name a few.

I'm sure there's lot that I didn't post here.

If you don't like puzzle games, there's other great games to be had.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I noticed that the eamobile.com website is down right now. Could be a hiccup in the server. But, maybe they're putting up Spore Origins right now?