Eagles sign Vick

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
And /me hangs his head in shame. This belongs in the "what the fudge" thread perhaps, but...

That is all. :(

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I am sorry for you and your fellow Phillidelphians. Personally, I wouldn't buy a burger from that man if all he could get was a job at Mickie D's.
The fact that any NFL team was willing to sign him is a testament to just how corrupt the world is. My personal opinion is that he needs to be placed in a pit covered in raw meat and have a team of pitbulls unleashed on him.

duvi

Bronze
Jul 19, 2009
In the future
www.twitter.com
Everyone is shocked that someone signed him, but at the end of the day, it's about money and wins.

Now for the Eagles to go and get him, that's just "WTF"

I would expect some of the non contenders signing him. I'm actually happy Vick was signed by the Eagles... I'm a Giants fan. Lol.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I see him getting hurt within the first 2-3 games and then repeatedly after that.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I'm just A bit shocked over Jeffrey Lurie's decision in this matter.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
One more reason to hate the Eagles, as if I needed more.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Did you hear from his press conference where he said "I now understand that people care about the welfare of their dogs"? Come on dude. Did you really think everyone else electrocuted theirs too?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
If I had a dime for every time I've read that in the past 18 hours, Chris, I could afford to sign him.

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
I see him getting hurt within the first 2-3 games and then repeatedly after that.
I don't think he's even allowed to play until the 5th or 6th week? Think I read that somewhere. He sucks regardless of the dog fighting issue.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Actually Goodell said he will have made a decision by week 6 so he could realistically start anytime.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
This is out of character for me. I HATE Vick. A little ****y bastard who thought he was better that he was. Also, my team is the Bucs (who never really had success against, and ironically the Eagles), so it's understandable my stance.

I'm not big on 2nd or 3rd chances. But with Vick, it seems at least for now to have humbled him up and realized where he is (NFL) is a privilege. On some level, I think I'm actually rooting for him to succeed.

And with those kind of comments, I feel obligated to say: I have 2 dogs, who are like family members to us. We love dogs, animals, etc. I'm not condoning what he did by any means, but people are capable of change, no?

At the very least, maybe it'll push McNabb to step it up.

EDIT: One more thought I'd like some feedback on. Vick kills dogs and gets what, 20, 23 months in jail and community service, was suspended before he was convicted, and is suspended after release.

Stallworth kills a MAN with a DUI, and gets 30 DAYS in prison?! and 1 yr suspension.... How is that even close to fair?

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
This is out of character for me. I HATE Vick. A little ****y bastard who thought he was better that he was. Also, my team is the Bucs (who never really had success against, and ironically the Eagles), so it's understandable my stance.

I'm not big on 2nd or 3rd chances. But with Vick, it seems at least for now to have humbled him up and realized where he is (NFL) is a privilege. On some level, I think I'm actually rooting for him to succeed.

And with those kind of comments, I feel obligated to say: I have 2 dogs, who are like family members to us. We love dogs, animals, etc. I'm not condoning what he did by any means, but people are capable of change, no?

At the very least, maybe it'll push McNabb to step it up.

EDIT: One more thought I'd like some feedback on. Vick kills dogs and gets what, 20, 23 months in jail and community service, was suspended before he was convicted, and is suspended after release.

Stallworth kills a MAN with a DUI, and gets 30 DAYS in prison?! and 1 yr suspension.... How is that even close to fair?
too bad they are both not in Texas. We give people the death penalty for less than that :eek:k:eek:k

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
The Eagles were already my least favorite team, but now they put the Redskins and Giants in a very distant second place tie.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I agree that the guy who killed PEOPLE should be put away for a bare minimum of involuntary manslaughter. He got off WAY too easy.
But I think Vick got what he deserved- with the exception of being able to play again. I think someone that sick needs to just stay away.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Don't any of you think for a second I won't be routing for the Eagles just as hard this year as any just because of this. Personnel and management decisions are my least favorite aspect of the game anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Don't any of you think for a second I won't be routing for the Eagles just as hard this year as any just because of this. Personnel and management decisions are my least favorite aspect of the game anyway.
i don't think you'll have to cheer for Vick too long. I don't think he'll make it half the season before somebody hurts his sorry ass.

Last edited by a moderator: