Ear adaptor for iPhone Bluetooth

MAK

Dec 30, 2007
I must have oddly shaped ear canals because I can't stand having things stuck in my ear I think my ear canals close up when I put something in them and pop the intruding object out. I am currently looking for a decent pair of headphones for my iPhone that cover my ear and have the phone capability.

But my real question is do they make an adaptor for the iPhone Bluetooth earpiece? It is constantly falling out of my ear. Do they make an adaptor that will fit around my ear and keep the BlueTooth in (or at least in the vicinity) of my ear?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I must have oddly shaped ear canals because I can't stand having things stuck in my ear I think my ear canals close up when I put something in them and pop the intruding object out. I am currently looking for a decent pair of headphones for my iPhone that cover my ear and have the phone capability.

But my real question is do they make an adaptor for the iPhone Bluetooth earpiece? It is constantly falling out of my ear. Do they make an adaptor that will fit around my ear and keep the BlueTooth in (or at least in the vicinity) of my ear?
I have not seen any hooks for that.

But you can replace the ear piece with the GEL ear piece, I think Jabbra makes them.

MAK

Dec 30, 2007
I have not seen any hooks for that.

But you can replace the ear piece with the GEL ear piece, I think Jabbra makes them.
Hmmm, but the gel would go into my ear, right? Have you ever experienced convulsions of the ear? Not pleasant :mad:

kalantan

Mar 30, 2008
I have the same issue. The headset is very high quality, I just wish I could find a larger gel/foam ear pad for it. I tried the gel from an older Jabra corded headset I have, however, it was designed only to work with the Jabra. The search continues...

MacDaddy

Jun 24, 2007
Perfect earpiece fit

Hello, just wanted to chime in. I have what I consider to be the perfect bluetooth earpiece combination for my iPhone, having tried most of them. I have an Aliph Jawbone with a custom earpiece made by www.averysound.com . This isn't the cheapest combination, but the fit is so good I don't use the uncomfortable earloops at all anymore, and the sound is great in both directions. I tried the Jabra eargels, but they don't even compare to the custom option. On a few occasions I have laid down without realising that I am still wearing it.

Just my opinion, but I've tried a lot of combos and this is in a different league. Hope this is of some assistance.

MacDaddy

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
MAK, iFitear makes just what you're looking for. It's made specifically for the iPhone headset. A guy I work with has one on his iPhone Bluetooth headset and says that it works great. You can usually find them on ebay. Just search there for ifitear.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Hello, just wanted to chime in. I have what I consider to be the perfect bluetooth earpiece combination for my iPhone, having tried most of them. I have an Aliph Jawbone with a custom earpiece made by www.averysound.com . This isn't the cheapest combination, but the fit is so good I don't use the uncomfortable earloops at all anymore, and the sound is great in both directions. I tried the Jabra eargels, but they don't even compare to the custom option. On a few occasions I have laid down without realising that I am still wearing it.

Just my opinion, but I've tried a lot of combos and this is in a different league. Hope this is of some assistance.

MacDaddy
I have the Jawbone with a custom Avery Sound earpiece as well. The fit is great and stays comfortable all day.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008

MAK

Dec 30, 2007
MAK, iFitear makes just what you're looking for. It's made specifically for the iPhone headset. A guy I work with has one on his iPhone Bluetooth headset and says that it works great. You can usually find them on ebay. Just search there for ifitear.

That is EXACTLY what I am looking for. Of course I just logged on after I came back from the mall and am looking at my brand new Jawbone charging up next to me.
I think I will purchase the adaptor though. I promised my son he can have my iPhone when they come out with a new version I have to have. He might want the earpiece also.