ear piece sound

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pjaa, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Pjaa

Pjaa New Member

My I Phone has no sound from the ear piece! I answe a call and I have no sound, so I put it on speaker and talk and it works just fine. Are there any settings for the ear piece other than volume control? I have the verizon i phone and its updated to the latest software. I did not take the insurance out on it but its under warranty yet I have not gotten it wet and I have it in a ballistic case since it was new! Any IDEAS?

PA

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Take a look in the earphone port. Anything like lint get in there? Try putting ear buds in. Getting sound from those? Try plugging and unplugging the earbuds / earphones a few times. This sometimes fixes things. Another thing to try is a hard reset/reboot. Press and hold home and lock button together until you see the Apple logo. No data will be lost, it's just an extended type
    Of reboot on the phone.

3. Pjaa

Pjaa New Member

I tried all of that and nothing helps not sure what to try ! Any ideas ?

4. krm072573

krm072573 New Member

Unfortunately I had this same problem & took it to Apple Genius. I had to have mine replaced. He said they had already replaced 4 phones for this issue.

5. dorrien12

dorrien12 Member
    Bronze

Are you saying through the headphones or the earpiece. If the latter, did you remove the plastic?

6. Pjaa

Pjaa New Member

The phone has no sound from the ear piece. The headphones work just fine with my phone.

7. dorrien12

dorrien12 Member
    Bronze

If you still have the original plastic over the phone, cut it down some from the top, it's covering the earpiece. That's what happened to me. Lol

8. Pjaa

Pjaa New Member

Went through all the steps to get the receiver working again and it was a no go! Called Apple and they are replacing it and sent it yesterday on fed ex from PA and it will be in my hands today ! WOW all the way to Iowa!

9. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Do you have to send your defective one back? Or Have you sent it back already?