Earbuds ? >>

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ERASER

Jan 14, 2007
Ok, now that I have my mind made up on a case. . .. What about earbuds ? I see SOO MANY different kinds & I am simply confused. I researched a slew of sites & found that everyone has contrary opinions about what they like. I am willing to drop about $150 TOPS on a good set. I would like a set that I can spreak on the phone as well as listen (if possible). I see good & bad about a variety of buds .. ... I am really diggin' this site so - What does the board recommend ?

Thanks !

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
seems like most here recommend Vibes. There are lots of options, though. Try Ultimate Ears, Etymotic, Westone, and Shure (but stay away from the 2 and even 3 series for their best sound). If you really want good sound AND a mic/switch, first get the Shure MPA (adapter) and you use any headset you want.

Nov 12, 2007
Yes, I am looking for the same thing. I really like the idea of the original earbuds that allow you to receive calls, listen to music and control your iPod. That works great for me since I don't like to take the phone out every two minutes when I want to change the song.

I am trying to find some kind of earbuds that will allow me to do the same but have a better sound output :) I had Sony MDR-EX71SL earbuds with my iPod before the iPhone and they were great. So if there is something similar with controls and a mic thats what I need!

Any suggestions?

iPhreak

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
seems like most here recommend Vibes. There are lots of options, though. Try Ultimate Ears, Etymotic, Westone, and Shure (but stay away from the 2 and even 3 series for their best sound). If you really want good sound AND a mic/switch, first get the Shure MPA (adapter) and you use any headset you want.
I just bought the V-Moda Duos and they rock. I was very much torn between them and the ultimate buds. Both have the clicker/mic that work with iPhone. The Apple store sells the Duos and they again are awesome. There are quite a few post about them on this site. The biggest complaint is that the clicker is a bit smaller and takes getting used to, but I have had no issues at all, in fact I like it better.

abates21

Jul 29, 2007
Knoxville, TN
I just bought the V-Moda Duos and they rock. I was very much torn between them and the ultimate buds. Both have the clicker/mic that work with iPhone. The Apple store sells the Duos and they again are awesome. There are quite a few post about them on this site. The biggest complaint is that the clicker is a bit smaller and takes getting used to, but I have had no issues at all, in fact I like it better.
How can you tell if they are the new version with the clicker vs. the old version without? I went to the Apple store a few weeks ago and the Apple "genius" that helped me didn't know. I don't want to buy them and get home and find out they are the wrong ones.

iPhreak

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
Duo

They will say on the side of the box "for iPod, Touch, and iPhone." And if I am not mistaken the Duos all have the clicker. One of the Apple Stores in ATL did not have any Duos at all, while another had a shelf full.