Early Launch. Apple orders parts.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
http://www.t3.co.uk/news/247/communications/mobile_phone/early_launch_for_iPhone

More rumors about the release of iPhone has found its way around the internet again. Freshly fueled by a report from the China Economic News Service, T3 has speculated that the iPhone could possibly get an earlier-than-when-everyone-expected release. This is due to the fact that Apple has already asked for parts for the iPhone, which will begin its mass manufacturing next month.

This little detail has led T3 to assume that Apple's probably gotten the green-light from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). With a go-signal for manufacturing, this could also possibly mean that a few "gaps in development" have now been filled in, and that the software for the mobile phone has been finished. Sound logic, T3; personally, I'd like to hope as much for an early release too.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Small suggestion, wjp09...

When you post something like this that's is a direct quote copied and pasted from another site you should definitely acknowledge that. It's a common courtesy to reference your sources.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Small suggestion, wjp09...

When you post something like this that's is a direct quote copied and pasted from another site you should definitely acknowledge that. It's a common courtesy to reference your sources.
The link on the top is the link to the story where the above posted words are from. The website where the info was found was quoting what was on the given link.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I doubt they would release it even if it is done tomorrow. They would use the extra time to work out the kinks.

Mar 25, 2007
AZ
It would be cool if it came out early, but Apple RARELY releases things early. Plus, I THINK the WWDC is in June, which, you know is the way they like to officially release things...

Edward

Mar 17, 2007
Dallas, TX
I agree as well, I do not believe that they will be releasing it before June. And I think it's safe to say that ever since the "Hello" commercial was released, it means that the FCC has already given them the green light. I am also betting on a release date on the week of June 11-15.