Earphone plug non working

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rocambole

Aug 15, 2007
I just realized that the plug for earphone of my brand new iPhone is note working. is there a special setting or, just like any machine of this type, the sound of the speaker should stop as soon as I plug the earphone wire in the iPhone?

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Are you using the provided earbuds? If not, go ahead and search for "earphone jack' and as you'll see we have a recessed jack that doesn't fit 80% of standard 3.5" jacks.

If you are using the supplied earbuds, make sure you pushed it in all the way and if it still won't work, bring the phone back to the store

rocambole

Aug 15, 2007
Thanks. I am away for 3 days of my original earphones and I tried with my Senheiser earphones. You must be right. Thoses earphones don't feet. isn't it strange that Apple putted a plug that isn't ok with 20% of earphones?

HarleyS

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
Sarasota Florida
I just posted a topic about this earlier on general. My headphones stoped working today. I have only used them 3 times. The first everything worked great. THe second, I had to push, pull, and twist to get them to work. THe third, this morning they just wouldn't work all together. And yes im using the supplied Apple ones. For some reason the music just keeps coming out of the bottom speakers as if the phone didn't see the headphones at all.