Earphone recommendations?

elundeen

Feb 6, 2010
I recently purchased the Denon c551k earphones and have been less than pleased with their performance. I'm not sure if I received a defective pair or not, but I really don't want to go through the energy of exchanging them for the same pair.

I have the following list that I am considering and I'm wondering if anyone can give a personal testimony or advice on one or more of the following pairs of earphones:

- Sennheiser CX-300 II
- Ultimate Ears MetroFi 170
- Sleek Audio SA-1
- Maximo iM-590
- Skullcandy Titan

I'm really trying to keep the price at or below $50, so if you're suggesting something that's not listed above, please keep that in mind.

Thank you!

elundeen

Feb 6, 2010
Thank you! I'll check those out! I'm not opposed to spending a little more ($20-30) if there's anything else out there you can think of...

elundeen

Feb 6, 2010
I was looking at the V-Modas, as they sound pretty good... but everyone seemed to have durability issues. From the reviews I had read, people seemed to like them for a while, but they seemed to fall apart quite quickly. I am assuming you've had the same pair for 2 years? Can you attest to the durability issues at all?

Ti Rider

Jan 13, 2010
A few more suggestions -

NuForce NE-7M these IEMs have excellent sound and a mic.
NUForce NE-6 same as the NE-7M without the mic.
Head Direct RE0 a little light on the bass side but offer great detail
Zune Premium Version 2 - don't laugh, these IEMs are my record holder for longevity (I'm very hard on headphones, these lasted over a year), they have good balance, hold up well to sweat, their downside is microphonics from their cloth covered cables

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
The Maximo iM-590 you listed can be used with an iPhone, but they do not have a mic for calls, etc.
I have been testing (for review) the iP-HS5 headphone made for the iPhone and I am super impressed.
http://www.maximoproducts.com/imetal/iP-HS5.php

I originally reviewed the iP-HS2's and loved them, but the HS5's are a giant leap forward. i HIGHLY recommend them.