Easiest step by step iTunes ringer 7.4.1

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Not sure if anyone has posted this here- but this is hands down the easiest way to get your own ringtones on iTunes via the step by step directions given here: http://www.idisappointment.com/article.asp?eid=10

I tried all the other directions ppl posted, but I guess Im better off with step by step directions with pictures! :laugh2: THANKS to whoever spent the time doing this!

stevenshizzle

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I suspect this only works if you let iTunes manage your music. I manage my own - this does not work for me. iTunes says something about it not being the right type of file or some garbage like that.

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Not sure if anyone has posted this here- but this is hands down the easiest way to get your own ringtones on iTunes via the step by step directions given here: http://www.idisappointment.com/article.asp?eid=10

I tried all the other directions ppl posted, but I guess Im better off with step by step directions with pictures! :laugh2: THANKS to whoever spent the time doing this!
Thanks for the head's up, but I gotta tell ya, the easiest way to handle ring tones is with iToner.

This product absolutely rocks and is very much worth the $15.00 price of admission.

Rumpelgeist

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

I've done this, shows up my the ringtones tab, and in the ringtones folder, but won't sync with my phone.:( I guess I'll just stick with iPhoneringtonemaker.

iang

Sep 10, 2007
washington DC
not working

Hi I just got my iPhone and I am still trying to figure it out.
I tried using this method for making my own ringtone and it says that it will not work on my iPhone. It is in my ringtone box and I select it but the synce will not let it in.
I have iTunes version 7.4.1.2(HP)
and my iPhone is running software version 1.0.2
Any help and I would appreciate it.
The possibilities seemed great before I got the phone but now I keep getting dissapoointed with it. I am trying to be patient.
cheers
IAn

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
WOW :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Thanks, great little site and tip

I have for the first time since Day 1 modded my phone I guess! Does this count as a mod?

I've been scared off and overwhelmed by all those other things I've read but decided to give this a shot and dang if it didn't work the first time and have my first foreign rington or anything else on my beauty!

Ain't I somethin......

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
oh be still my heart :) :)

after all these many years of having a cell phone I have at last my beloved Demon Deacon fight song ring tone I've always wanted

YES!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
How do you remove ringtones from the ringtones tab in iTunes? I deleted my ringtones folder that I manually made on iTunes Library > iTunes Music > Ringtones and even deleted the stuff in it and it still shows up on the actual iTunes Ringtones tab, anyway to remove them?

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
Hi I just got my iPhone and I am still trying to figure it out.
I tried using this method for making my own ringtone and it says that it will not work on my iPhone. It is in my ringtone box and I select it but the synce will not let it in.
I have iTunes version 7.4.1.2(HP)
and my iPhone is running software version 1.0.2
Any help and I would appreciate it.
The possibilities seemed great before I got the phone but now I keep getting dissapoointed with it. I am trying to be patient.
cheers
IAn
I'm having the same issue. Anyone know to make it work?

mogz

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
SF
How do you remove ringtones from the ringtones tab in iTunes? I deleted my ringtones folder that I manually made on iTunes Library > iTunes Music > Ringtones and even deleted the stuff in it and it still shows up on the actual iTunes Ringtones tab, anyway to remove them?
You gotta recreate your library.

This is the way I do it:
-go to your iTunes folder
-copy one of your previous iTunes library .itl file
-delete the current iTunes library.itl file
-rename the file to iTunes library.itl

bgattis

Sep 10, 2007
I have made a bunch of custom ringtones. Can I put those on the iPhone with iTunes or is there a free way to get them on there?

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
You gotta recreate your library.

This is the way I do it:
-go to your iTunes folder
-copy one of your previous iTunes library .itl file
-delete the current iTunes library.itl file
-rename the file to iTunes library.itl
Perfect, that worked great, it only messes up playlists that you have made, some newer songs you add to playlists aren't gonna be there, other than that, it removed the ringtones from my tab, thanks! :laugh2:

iang

Sep 10, 2007
washington DC
Ringtone problems in iTunes versions 7.4.1.2

Can I install an older version of iTunes (version 7.4.1) and get rid of the version I have (7.4.1.2)...I have tried many times and various ways and I conclude that version 7.4.1.2 makes your ringtone folder disappear. Thus you cannot add things to it. I have tried searhing for it but it is gone.
If anyone knows different please pass on the info. One thing is for sure I am not recommending this phone to anyone. I am not buying any ringtones because I make my own music. I want to have my own unique ring. This is B.S.!