Easy Way To Copy iTunes from PC to Mac?

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I currently have iTunes running on a PC. I have just ordered a new MacBook Pro (my very first Apple computer). I'm a newbie to the Mac. Is there an easy way to copy my iTunes in its entirety, including podcasts, music, video, iPhone apps, settings, etc. to my new Mac? Online I have only seen rather cumbersome methods to transferring from PC to Mac.

Thanks.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks etdashou..Geesh, I did a search too and didn't find that post and it was a sticky right above my post too...Doh! I appreciate that.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
JW there is always this which worked great for me when I switched to a MBP. Then you still have the ability to sync to the original computer if you wanted. IMO it was very easy and took no more than 10-20 minutes to complete the whole process.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=2137

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Thank you iPhun. I'm just getting started on this tonight, and noticed your post. I will give the link you posted a try. Nice seeing you around again.

EDIT:

I tried it last night iPhun and it worked. It identified my iPhone. Of course, I still need to load my iTune files from my PC.