Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
LOL. "GET IT FAST AS SOON AS JUNE 26th"

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
just thought i'd check and see if people are trying more scams as iDay draws closer. i found over 20 removed auctions and this one...still on there
Looks like the dude is offering his standing in line services for a $400 premium. AFAIK, that's legitimate but who would be crazy enough to pay it?!

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
Who would actually spend that much money because they are too lazy to stand in line....... the sad thing is there is probably someone out there that is just that lazy!

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Not wanting to stand in line is not necessarily being lazy.

I am not going to stand in line, not because I am lazy, but because I have better things to do with my time. I put a premium on the value of my time, and standing in line is not really worth my time, especially considering the outcome etc.

I will still be able to get an iPhone without waiting in line, so to sacrifice my time which might be better spent doing something else (for example if I spent that time working maybe I would make several thousand dollars), well standing in line would be dumb.

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL

I am not going to stand in line, not because I am lazy, but because I have better things to do with my time. I put a premium on the value of my time, and standing in line is not really worth my time, especially considering the outcome etc.

I will still be able to get an iPhone without waiting in line, so to sacrifice my time which might be better spent doing something else (for example if I spent that time working maybe I would make several thousand dollars), well standing in line would be dumb.
you put waaaaay too much time into that answer. You could've used the time you used typing that much better..... ;)

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Who would actually spend that much money because they are too lazy to stand in line....... the sad thing is there is probably someone out there that is just that lazy!
Or famous. If you're Robin Williams and you REALLY want an iPhone you're probably going to pay a staffer to stand in line.

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
Or famous. If you're Robin Williams and you REALLY want an iPhone you're probably going to pay a staffer to stand in line.
funny you should say that, as I was typing it I thought to myself "i'm sure some super rich person would pay someone to stand in line to get one" Paris Hilton came to mind, then I realized she would have to do it cause she will be in jail when it releases not cause she is lazy...... ;)

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007

Agreed ...it its NOT lazy. Just sounds like kind of a downer when I hear such enthusiasm for this beautiful device then right afterwards a declaration of how some people wont be in line. Printed text reads different than intended most times. I for one will be in line if there is one. iPhone on friday IS a priority. But not because I think Im better. its really because I am single with no kids or distractions of family or any 10-12 hour job keeping me from what I desire.
MILLION iPhone MARCH

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
funny you should say that, as I was typing it I thought to myself "i'm sure some super rich person would pay someone to stand in line to get one" Paris Hilton came to mind, then I realized she would have to do it cause she will be in jail when it releases not cause she is lazy...... ;)
Paris is DEFINITELY getting the iPhone... as a matter of rumor, it has been said thet the reason she decided to go in early was so that she would be out by the time it came out. I believe she gets out on the 25th.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I may have my secretary stand in line for me on Thursday while I finish up work and then head over to relieve her and stay the rest of the night and day on Friday. It's good to be the boss...:cool:

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
thats terrible...TERIBLY CLEVER. I would hate my boss if I had to do that. UNLESS you live somewhere with awesome weather.