eBay Sellers

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tomjohnsjr

Jul 3, 2007
All I can do is laugh at all the greedy people who snatched the phones to sell on ebay.

I waited in line 12 hours to buy this phone because I wanted it for myself. However on Saturday my wife and my 15 year old son begged me for a phone. So after not being able to find any in my local stores I looked to ebay for the heck of it.

I ordered 2 different 8 gig phones from 2 different sellers.

I paid $650 for each of them. Just 1 dollar more than at the store.

Both auctions included free overnight delivery.

As I type this Im looking at the phones as they arrived this morning. Here is a break down of the typical sale for each phone listing on ebay. I think its funny as heck.

The phones I bought were from Houston, Tx so after tax they paid $648.42
It cost them $27.95 to ship it to me. They paid PayPal $19.15 to accept my payment. And their final ebay fees will be $26.42 for a grand total cost of the phone $721.94

Do the math I paid $650.00 They lost $71.94 on the sale.

I hope this teaches them a lesson and next time we have new technology released people don't flock to the store and buy them all up with the idea of selling it Those 10,000+ phones could have been in the hands of people who really wanted one on friday...

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
I bought two phones on iDay and sold one on eBay. I wasn't greedy but I did set a minimum price of $675 to make sure I covered my costs and the phone sold for $760. I bought in New Hampshire so no sales tax. The phone ended up being sold to someone in Italy (I have no idea what they are going to do with it there.) After eBay listing fees, paypal fees, shipping etc I think I made about $100. Not to bad.

- SR

tomjohnsjr

Jul 3, 2007
I'm sure there will be many people who make some money,, but I spent hours (cause i was bored) watching them go from $620 - $680 in that case they lost their butts off. I wish people wouldn't snatch things up like that. I'm not doging the acutal people just the whole Idea. I think for more most people this plan backfired as did it for the PS3 sellers as well. Everyone deserves the chance to own this wonderful phone and $600 was expensive enough.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
If they work for Apple and are selling the ones they got for free. Then they are making money.

Every Apple permanent employees and all temps with more than 1 year got a free 8 gigger on Thursday.

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Some of these guys waited many hours to get the phones too.

Factor in sales tax, shipping and time spent in line and almost nobody made money on this.

That is a good thing, because it will make it less attractive for people the next time some device comes out with a little hype.