EBook applications

shucks

Jul 16, 2007
Hello.

Just got my hands on an iPhone at the ATT store. Very impressive.

Currently I have a Treo 680 and one of the things I love to do is read. I use the ereader application.

Any word on if there is a current or future ebook app in the works?

js

ps- Yes I did a search for this topic.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Hmm you might want to check online for like ebook web apps maybe like iPhoneapplications.com I think the site is... not sure haven't heard of any around here really

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
no ebook reader application in sight. :oops: i'm right there with you waiting for one, though. i switched from a treo 680 to the iPhone, and i'm preparing an old tungsten t5 as i type this to be my ebook reader instead. unfortunately, i have a bad feeling that this may not be something Apple will ever do (a book is not nearly as sexy as a movie or music videos). however, i do have a related fantasy that they'll start selling ebooks on iTunes (in addition to the audio books they already sell) and then make ebook reader applications for all macs, ipods, and iPhones. a girl can dream!

Jan 11, 2007
Cary, NC
Regarding eBooks, most of the ones I have come in several formats including txt and rtf. I know you can open Word documents in Email. I wonder if you converted the txt or rtf file to a Word document, could you email it to yourself and read it within Mail? I wonder if there are any size limitations doing this?

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
You can read PDF documents in both mail and Safari. Can you get some of you e-books in PDF format?

A lot of mine are that way. I can post them up to my personal web page, or else e-mail them to myself.