Ebooks anywhere?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I want give the details of what I do, but I actually convert purchased .lit files into HTML and TXT files. I only do this with files I bought and only for personal use, at least that way I can keep current on books that I enjoy and such. I don't know how legal it is, but I don't feel I am doing anything wrong, being as this is a book I bought for my personal use.

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Wow no one else has looked at this post since I stated what I did, I expected some sort of flame war or some one telling me I was an evil person. I'm impressed/surprised. Well regardless, thats how I get books, and it seems to work well for me.

Sep 28, 2007
The Gutenberg project. Thats where i get all my ebooks. They are old but they are free. Just download them all into a folder and then use ibrickr to upload them into your phone. Im presently enjoying the Tarzan series.

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Gutenberg is good cause its all legal there, I started out there, but like most nerds I like Star Trek, had to hunt those books down!

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
Wow no one else has looked at this post since I stated what I did, I expected some sort of flame war or some one telling me I was an evil person. I'm impressed/surprised. Well regardless, thats how I get books, and it seems to work well for me.
Well, I don't think too many people are reading e-books on their iPhones. I have 3 on there I haven't touched.

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I actually use my iPhone as my books. I don't like to carry paper backs everywhere I go. On my iPhone right now are about 500 different books. I read where ever I go, and if there is nothing else to do, and actually read for fun.