Echo from Bluetooth in-vehicle speaker?

Hobie

Jul 2, 2008
I have in-vehicle bluetooth built in to my car. iPhone pairs up well with the bluetooth and I have no problems receiving and sending calls.

The only problem is that when I talk I hear a very pronounced echo of my voice. There is no echo on the receiving end. I do not experience this echo with my razr.

Any suggestions or ideas? I'm guessing that my voice must be captured by the iPhone and also the car bluetooth or something like that?

I appreciate your thoughts and help.

Thanks.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I've heard of this, but haven't experienced it with my BMW's bluetooth system, fortunately. Another site has an article on it here, and it refers/links to an Apple Support Discussion thread about it as well - suggestions are to transfer the call back to the phone, then back to the bluetooth system, or turn off 3G, or turn up the bluetooth volume on the iPhone.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Sometimes this has to do with the volume of the iPhone before you did the intail pairing.
Delete the iPhone from our device.

Set the iPhone volume to about 75% and repair. See if it clears the echo. If you have a pioneer HU there is a bluetooth fix for the cho problem on their web site.

Hobie

Jul 2, 2008
Thanks!

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your help. This forum is GREAT. I followed the advice of increasing the volumne on my iPhone and decreasing the volumne on the car speakers and that eliminated the echo.

Thanks again, Hobie.

Hoshtaylor

Bronze
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your help. This forum is GREAT. I followed the advice of increasing the volumne on my iPhone and decreasing the volumne on the car speakers and that eliminated the echo.

Thanks again, Hobie.
I tried this, it made the echo not as loud, but I could still tell it was there.

I'll have to try to re-pair mine and see if that works...I just switched from Sprint and never had an issue with any phone I've paired in this car...

Hoshtaylor

Bronze
Just found out this morning my wife is having the same exact problem...we both have the 3G 16gb phone.

We both have Infiniti's, although hers is a different car and an 07 and mine is an 08'

I'll go try to "re-pair" it now and see if that works...

Dallas Phil

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Turn off the damn 3G and your car bluetooth will work fine. I have bluetooth built in on my BMW and was getting all kinds of echos and people complaining about not hearing me. As soon as I switched off the 3G everything was fine.