EDGE/3G outage in LA area?

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
My 3g iPhone won't connect to the internet. My friend's v1 iPhone can't connect through EDGE either. Anybody else in LA affected?

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Still not working in Los Angeles. Just confirmed that Aliso Viejo in Orange County, CA is out as well.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
OK it's working now. Out for a couple hours but it's back.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Just a note to you guys on the "left coast" We had the same outage in the North East last week. When service was restored a few hours later many people myself included saw better edge and 3g service. Maybe this is ATT's way of fixing their 3g issues or maybe just a fluke. After the outage my edge service was pinning the dial and my 3g which was always terrible was much better. However today the service looks like it was "PRE-OUTAGE"

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
Just a note to you guys on the "left coast" We had the same outage in the North East last week. When service was restored a few hours later many people myself included saw better edge and 3g service. Maybe this is ATT's way of fixing their 3g issues or maybe just a fluke. After the outage my edge service was pinning the dial and my 3g which was always terrible was much better. However today the service looks like it was "PRE-OUTAGE"

I'm interested to see if the guys/gals on the west coast are seeing better performance with 3G now....i'm on the east coast and have seen a major improvement with 3G since the "outage" last week!

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I'm interested to see if the guys/gals on the west coast are seeing better performance with 3G now....i'm on the east coast and have seen a major improvement with 3G since the "outage" last week!
OK before the outage yesterday, I was getting 1.40 mbps or higher all the time. After the outage, I've only been getting around 0.80 mbps all day today.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Back to normal. Getting 1.40mpbs again.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I'm here on the Paramount lot in Hollywood and I've noticed better bars. I now get 5 bars in my office, whereas I only used to get 3. I am hitting about 1mbps on 3G tests.

Google maps is still reporting me as being 2 blocks south from where I really am though!

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm here on the Paramount lot in Hollywood and I've noticed better bars. I now get 5 bars in my office, whereas I only used to get 3. I am hitting about 1mbps on 3G tests.

Google maps is still reporting me as being 2 blocks south from where I really am though!
Makes me WANT an outage now! :p

Actually you're not going to get a good GPS read if you're in your office.