EDGE data not working?

supershick

Aug 15, 2007
Does anyone have this problem right now?

My phone works but I can't send or receive data. WTF?

Has anyone had this problem before?

BTW, i'm in the san jose, CA bay area. I think EDGE data is down right now =/

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Restart the phone and if that does not work then wait it out a day. Update us with what ever happens.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Restart the phone and if that does not work then wait it out a day. Update us with what ever happens.
working fine today in Denver, but the Midwest and part of the west (including Co) were out last week.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Working nice a fast here in jersey guess they took it off in west so its faster in the east lol

iCreep

Bronze
Nov 14, 2007
Yeah I have the same problem right now. I'm in Apple Valley, which is about 45 min south of Riverside for anyone who lives in cali, and it wasn't working for me either. I tried to get on Safari and it said something like it couldn't connect to EDGE or something like that.

Maybe it is just the west coast then. That's pretty stupid though...

iCreep.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Same Problem. Tried restarting it twice. No edge service even though the big "E" icon and full bars are up on the screen. I am in San Diego, CA.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Santa cruz, ca ... Same problem

Ag-Ryan

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
im 20 miles east of LA and im having the same problem... glad to know im not alone

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
I'll test my edge when I go to school in the morning. Will update later (I live in California so we will see if its a state wide problem.)

Kentucky

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
It's been happening in most every state at one time or another lately ! I'm in Kentucky and get the same problem. I was told (by someone in the know ) that the latest tower software update ATT has been installing for the iPhone was crashing 'right and left' ! The pitiful part is that they would and will not admit that anything is ever wrong when you and everyone else complain . !

rennyn

Bronze
Started working again late last night in the Seattle area. So annoying. Affected only iPhones, but not ALL iPhones which was the weird thing. Out of 4 of us total, 2 could use it, 2 could not. At one point my friend could access the net while his friend next to him couldn't - both with iPhones.

ras19064

Jan 27, 2008
I'm in the Phila area and only had my iPhone a couple of weeks. Every once in a while, I go to use the phone or get online and there's an error message that the phone needs repair, showing "no service". I turn it off and back on and things seem OK.
Is this the same problem everyone is having with Edge network?

jpm

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
Mine went out around 7 PM last night. Called ATT at 11 PM last night and they told me that data was out for most of the US. Was working again when I woke up. Oh, SF bay area of California is where I'm at.

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
I'm in louisiana and iv had that problem. Every now and then.(last time was last Saturday) I just wait it out and it seems to come back