Edge display question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jdxlee

Sep 26, 2007
I don't know if anyone covered this but I have noticed that sometimes the edge display box on the iPhone is missing the "E" and only has the box...has anyone else experienced anything like this and does anyone know why it does that?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I don't know if anyone covered this but I have noticed that sometimes the edge display box on the iPhone is missing the "E" and only has the box...has anyone else experienced anything like this and does anyone know why it does that?
I have never noticed that happening. The only time the E is missing is when I am using WiFi. I assume you have rebooted the phone and that still happens occasionally?

lucror

Nov 16, 2007
It's when you are in an area that Edge doesn't cover, when I'm at home I don't have the 'E' but when I'm at work in the city centre I always get the 'E' shown.

Mark

jdxlee

Sep 26, 2007
I have never noticed that happening. The only time the E is missing is when I am using WiFi. I assume you have rebooted the phone and that still happens occasionally?

Yes I did reboot and then it does come back, I just find it weird that the "E" goes missing and then comes back. So if the "E" isn't there then that means there is no edge covg?

lucror

Nov 16, 2007
Yes I did reboot and then it does come back, I just find it weird that the "E" goes missing and then comes back. So if the "E" isn't there then that means there is no edge covg?
That's right - no 'E', no Edge... You must be on the edge of the 'edge' rollout.

Mark

MiataLord

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
i changed the color of the edge symbol to red and i noticed everytime i hang up a call my red edge symbol comes back and disappears and turns into a blue box with nothing in it but only for about 5 sec, then turns red again. its weird but no biggy, im on 1.1.2 jailbroken phone, didn't do this is on 1.1.1, suggestions ppl?

theotherallen

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
the "E" versus no "E" has to do with whether or not you're on EDGE versus the slower GPRS. When there's an "E" there, you're on a faster (albeit only slightly) EDGE network. When no "E", you're on GPRS.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes this happened to me and i freaked out and restored my iPhone.............. it was weird .... it was happening in areas that i normally get Edge....