EDGE down for anyone else?

Jul 7, 2007
EDGE has been down for me since about 2PM, I called AT&T and they said that there is a data outage affecting the whole northeast (?) as of 2:14PM which sounds about right for me. Anyone else having issues?

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
EDGE has been down for me since about 2PM, I called AT&T and they said that there is a data outage affecting the whole northeast (?) as of 2:14PM which sounds about right for me. Anyone else having issues?
Yep California is down. Funny thing is how come these outages only affect iPhones and not other phones that run on edge. I am getting very weary of these so-called edge outages!:(

Mactech

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
on my way to work this morning at 7:15am pst, Edge was not working then.

Yep Claifornia is down. Funny thing is how come these outages only affect iPhones and not other phones that run on edge. I am getting very weary of these so-called edge outages!:(

Kentucky

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Yep California is down. Funny thing is how come these outages only affect iPhones and not other phones that run on edge. I am getting very weary of these so-called edge outages!:(

I'll tell you why .... ATT gives much more importance to their big ,original ie 'before iPhone ' accounts when the towers get busy or starting to get overloaded. They will not admit this but many people have told me when comparing their Blackberries and other phone accounts with friends iPhones that when accessing the same functions or emails , the 'other than iPhone customers' wait ! . It's similar in concept to the computer data storage and retrieval term 'FIFO' which means 'first in-first out' only in this case it's ' biggest and largest paying clients -most important' ,- 'iPhoners -least important' !

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I'll tell you why .... ATT gives much more importance to their big ,original ie 'before iPhone ' accounts when the towers get busy or starting to get overloaded. They will not admit this but many people have told me when comparing their Blackberries and other phone accounts with friends iPhones that when accessing the same functions or emails , the 'other than iPhone customers' wait ! . It's similar in concept to the computer data storage and retrieval term 'FIFO' which means 'first in-first out' only in this case it's ' biggest and largest paying clients -most important' ,- 'iPhoners -least important' !
Well the reason I came to the conclusion about other phones working on edge is because all the reports of iPhone owners taking out their sims and putting them in their other phone and edge was working just fine. I see what your saying though, man I knew the plan was too cheap to be true.haha

Posted fr. iPhone

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
We had an outage in Chicago that lasted over 2 days. As noted, it didn't seem to cause any problems for other AT&T customers... just those with iPhones and only a select few people. While mine was out, I went to the Apple store and talked to a couple of people and theirs were working.

the_brein

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
i just bought a 16gb iPhone and hacked the hell out of it. I thought i screwed something up after having used safari for a day and then not being able to connect.

I came to these forums and realized that edge was down. I'm in LosAngeles and it's been down all day. still is. It was working yesterday evening.

thank god it's a network problem.