EDGE issues in and around DFW

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
I am having lot of EDGE issues in the DFW area lately. Today its very bad as it off and on all day. Is anyone having similar issue or is it with my phone?

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
I'm not that far away from you - in Austin - and have not seen any so far today (or at all recently) ...
Thanks. I have been facing this issue since I got my replacement phone last week. The EDGE is just crazy since then. Tried restoring it and still the same. Anyways something up and its time for me to Apple I guess.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
Ive got the same issue as does a friend as well in little rock. I might get a connection 2 out of 10 or so times a day. I went from never having a problem to almost zero service for about three weeks now.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Thanks. I have been facing this issue since I got my replacement phone last week. The EDGE is just crazy since then. Tried restoring it and still the same. Anyways something up and its time for me to Apple I guess.
I've been having data issues for the past two weeks both with my iPhone and Nokia N95-4. I'm in the Mesquite/Rockwall area. I called AT&T though and they weren't aware of any problems. I told the lady that just because you guys aren't aware of them, that doesn't mean there aren't any problems. AT&T CS can be clueless sometimes.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
Thanks again guys. I will call ATT this evening and will blast at 'em. I am tired of this now. Its been almost a week now.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
I called ATT now and they had to tell me that they are having lot of issues with EDGE all this week and as well to some extent in the end of last week. They are fixing the issue asap.

dutchtrumpet

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
My phone and my wife's have been real hit and miss with edge for about 8 days around dfw

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
My phone and my wife's have been real hit and miss with edge for about 8 days around dfw
Help is on the way. ATT is aware and fixing the issue it seems. Now let's wait and watch how long they will take until the issue is fixed.

darklight

Mar 23, 2008
Boston.
I figured out what DFW was all by myself.

I'm so proud of myself..

Nov 20, 2007
I'm in DFW too, and definitely having issues. Mine will not connect, and then 2 min later connect. Then, 2 min after that the connection gets dropped. And it keeps on goin like that. It's definitely good to know it's not just me. Hope they get that fixed, and soon!

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I called ATT now and they had to tell me that they are having lot of issues with EDGE all this week and as well to some extent in the end of last week. They are fixing the issue asap.
good to hear...hope they get on it soon. I'm having huge data issues today. argh, i hate AT&T!

Sep 28, 2007
im sorry im noob at this. but what is DFW? earlier this week, my edge disappeared, its not in my network settings nor does it show up like it use to. only the bars and the AT&T and sometimes the wifi. did i do something wrong? or is it that they are fixing the towers like once mentioned

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
im sorry im noob at this. but what is DFW? earlier this week, my edge disappeared, its not in my network settings nor does it show up like it use to. only the bars and the AT&T and sometimes the wifi. did i do something wrong? or is it that they are fixing the towers like once mentioned
The Dallas - Fort Worth area ...

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
I am still having issues with EDGE. So, I am not sure if this is the cause for your problem. FYI, I have the EDGE icon ON all the time, but don't have the same working.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
Update to the outage in DFW.

I called ATT now and the rep told me that entire North Texas is in network outage and this according to her is because of the storms. She was shocked as this is going on for days now and assured me that it will be fixed asap. Whatever!

Accordng to the rep, yesterday EDGE was out in 20 states! What is Att upto?

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Im in Lubbock and had edge problems for a couple weeks. Yesterday i was in Midland/Hoedessa and it was even worse there.

It has seemed to work ok today though

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
Yeah it seems to be ok today. Anyways I will be running around DFW all this weekend so will know if the problem is fixed.