EDGE Network Questions

choffy21

Nov 28, 2008
Glendale, AZ
So I was getting tired of my iPhone dropping WiFi connections like no other. I finally lost it when I was trying to update my Apps, and it dropped the connection and they were useless forever, forcing me to restore my iPhone and Jailbreak again. So now I'm just about ready to shell out the $20 for T-Mobile's internet, but I have a few questions before I do.

1. How much does the Genius Bar cost if your warranty is out (I might just do that if it isn't an outrageous price)?
  2. Does the AppStore work over an EDGE Network?
  3. Does iTunes work over an EDGE Network?
  4. Does YouTube work over an EDGE Network?
I recently upgraded to 2.2.1 if that makes a difference. I dunno

Rkilbane20

Bronze
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Yes they all work over edge. It will be super slow compared to WiFi

Dec 8, 2008
N
It might be yoir phone, cotact Apple before you do anything.

longpigs

Dec 22, 2008
Watch Youtube in the EDGE network? That would really drive you crazy. :p

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I live in an only Edge area and yes, while edge is slower than wifi and 3G, it's not as bad as everybody has made it seem.

I call up videos on youtube all the time and IM over edge. I also browse constantly. Maybe I live in a faster edge area, but I really don't find it that annoying. Sure, some times its better than others, but if i don't have 30 extra seconds to wait for something to load, then I'm rushing through life.

Dec 8, 2008
N
I live in an only Edge area and yes, while edge is slower than wifi and 3G, it's not as bad as everybody has made it seem.

I call up videos on youtube all the time and IM over edge. I also browse constantly. Maybe I live in a faster edge area, but I really don't find it that annoying. Sure, some times its better than others, but if i don't have 30 extra seconds to wait for something to load, then I'm rushing through life.

Or r u wasting more of your life..

Dec 8, 2008
N
Ohhh i see, sexist there a lil, well hen have a look at record books or history books, see yow many men muktitaskee your fate on there

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Ohhh i see, sexist there a lil, well hen have a look at record books or history books, see yow many men muktitaskee your fate on there
I'm sorry, but this is not English that even I can read. And I teach remedial reading/writing.

Dec 8, 2008
N
guess your just not that intelligent everyone else on here understands me. don't forget to check the history a lil!

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
guess your just not that intelligent everyone else on here understands me. don't forget to check the history a lil!
Yes, i'm not that intelligent. I write posts that are spelled correctly. Way to win your argument.

I just disagree with you. I don't think Edge is quite as bad as everybody makes it out to be. Compared to 3g and Wifi, yes, it's slower, but it's not that horrible.

And for the record, the history of EIC tells me you never have anything positive to say about the iPhone ever.

Dec 8, 2008
N
your a techer arguing on the net! What are your students supposed to think? And u sure skipped the reAl history! In a negative person, i don't say anything positive about most things, its me (a random person on the net that ). And come on! Did u say "for the record". Hahhaa

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
your a techer arguing on the net! What are your students supposed to think? And u sure skipped the reAl history! In a negative person, i don't say anything positive about most things, its me (a random person on the net that ). And come on! Did u say "for the record". Hahhaa
I'm not arguing. I'm stating my opinion which is apparently okay for you to do, but not me? Just because it differs from yours?

Dec 8, 2008
N
Ts a forum board, ofcourse your opinion is accepted but not always appreciated. How is ot to teach? My english teacher was a ***** i hope your not like that to your students. The abovr statement has nothing to do of what weve been talking about.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I'm glad you are contributing to this thread.

I have a V1 iPhone and I have to use edge all the time. Its not bad....if I have 5 bars, maybe 4. If I have 3 or less I really don't want to load a youtube video. My friend will bug me to watch some video and I'm like, I'll do it later...I only have 2 bars lol.
Browsing the internet isn't too bad, especially since google mobile is optimized for the iPhone.