EDGE not working after Jailbreak on 1.1.4

thisgirlk

May 7, 2008
Forgive me if I've made yet another duplicate post. I searched all over the forums and read through both John and Sam's sticky's and still couldn't find what I was looking for.

Since jailbreaking my iPhone on 1.1.4, my EDGE network no longer works. The icon is displayed but it doesn't show up in Settings>General>Network. I read a few other posts where people had this same problem but they all still had the connection. Prior to jailbreaking, it worked really well; So well, in fact, that I never used WI-FI. (That's Metro LA for ya)

Help?

Thanks.

-k.

Prajjwal

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
well i have problems with EDGE too in my case i get the icon displaying edge but when i open safari it says it cant find the server any solution?

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Forgive me if I've made yet another duplicate post. I searched all over the forums and read through both John and Sam's sticky's and still couldn't find what I was looking for.

Since jailbreaking my iPhone on 1.1.4, my EDGE network no longer works. The icon is displayed but it doesn't show up in Settings>General>Network. I read a few other posts where people had this same problem but they all still had the connection. Prior to jailbreaking, it worked really well; So well, in fact, that I never used WI-FI. (That's Metro LA for ya)

Help?

Thanks.

-k.
Did you unlock your iPhone when you jailbroke?

You need to activate your iPhone via iTunes.

Prajjwal

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
well in my case i did everything via ziPhone

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
Try this. Settings, general, reset, reset all settings.
Worked for me.

thisgirlk

May 7, 2008
Try this. Settings, general, reset, reset all settings.
Worked for me.
You rock my socks! Worked like a charm. I think they should post this into the FAQ that Sam [themanofthedark] put together for the ZiPhone.

Thanks again for the replies!

-k.

Prajjwal

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
if i reset all settings will it not lock the unlock phone?