EDGE not working in Pittsburgh area?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

beaken

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Yah everyone in my office here that has one cant get to any web page or email and some of my friends over in Seattle are having the same issue.

cdf619

Jul 1, 2007
I can make calls and receive text. When I use google maps I get "no search results found," and weather update fails. Wifi works fine.......

What gives, wonder if there is a system update in progress or the system is overloaded with the suggested 500,000 iPhones that are being turned on.

darrston

Jun 27, 2007
Spoke with customer service there is an issue . No ETA yet on return of service. Agent didn't really have any good info , just that it has been disrupted at this time

havrek

Jul 2, 2007
I am in the Pittsburgh area and have not had any problems with edge from the North hills to south of Washington.

vice

Jul 1, 2007
Not working in dallas either. Is the error you "can not activate edge", and in safari is your error "safari cannot find the server"?

art

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
What gives, wonder if there is a system update in progress or the system is overloaded with the suggested 500,000 iPhones that are being turned on.
Most likely it's just system overload. I travel a lot all over the US and in every area noted in this post. I always have EDGE coverage in all areas. I have been a long time AT&T/
Cingular customer and have had no coverage problems or drop outs. The iPhone is a very major launch that is in addition to the thousands of phones that AT&T sells every businesss day through the stores and the businesss reps. So they are adding many thousands of phones per hour everyday. Then add to that the iPhone explosion and it's no wonder that there are delays.

Be patient. In a few days things will be back to normal.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Ok. Good. It's not just me. Down in Houston.

I wonder if AT&T's kicking themselves for allowing millions of data intensive devices onto their network. Clearly they weren't ready for the influx of 500,000 activations on iWeekend.