Edge question, and service question

ben10218

Oct 9, 2007
I see people reporting speeds of like 100+ on edge. Well if that is so... how is that slow. Compared to your house yes, but I mean when viewing page info for a lot of my favorite sites, I am getting less then 500kb in page size, but pictures obviously take up more size. But seriously wouldn't that be like a 5 second load? some pages ouwld be like 2?

How is that slow O_o

The second question:

I am on a family plan, and I got a phone like 2 months ago. Can I just buy myself an iPhone for 399 (or 299) or is that with a new contract? and is it 19.99 a month + the 9.99 for the family line, and does the 19.99 include unlimted data?

Thanks

Macster

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Oregon
I see people reporting speeds of like 100+ on edge. Well if that is so... how is that slow. Compared to your house yes, but I mean when viewing page info for a lot of my favorite sites, I am getting less then 500kb in page size, but pictures obviously take up more size. But seriously wouldn't that be like a 5 second load? some pages ouwld be like 2?

How is that slow O_o

The second question:

I am on a family plan, and I got a phone like 2 months ago. Can I just buy myself an iPhone for 399 (or 299) or is that with a new contract? and is it 19.99 a month + the 9.99 for the family line, and does the 19.99 include unlimted data?

Thanks
Concerning your question about speed, it is a little slow on the phone, but it is acceptable. WiFi is much faster. But then again, I purchased the iPhone for the phone and not the internet features.

About the charges on your bill, I found it was simply a $20 increase in my monthly charges per phone. I am on the family plan too. (My wife has one also.)

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
kbps: kilo bits per second

8 bits in a byte

You do the math and you have 100/8=12.5kbytes a second. Very slow. A one megabyte file should take about 80 seconds to load

I average around 125kbps.

ben10218

Oct 9, 2007
kbps: kilo bits per second

8 bits in a byte

You do the math and you have 100/8=12.5kbytes a second. Very slow. A one megabyte file should take about 80 seconds to load

I average around 125kbps.
Wow that really changed things for me, >_<

I think I might wait and see how things come along with 3g development.

Thanks for clearing that up

ChemicalWeather

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
edge is slow. yes. but i find i only have trouble with streaming anything. google maps works great for me on edge and if you just wanna go to one of your favorite websites it really doesn't take too long to load