edge symbol now a

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
Ok i up updated to 2.0 the night before it came out and now my edge symbol is a blue square with a white dot inside of it. What is it i have never seen it till now everything works but it just switches back and forth between the e and the dot.

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
I thought if the E wasn't there it meant you werent in EDGE coverage.

Are you somewhere that you normally get EDGE? I haven't noticed a change at all.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
yeah i noticed that too! when i turn off 3g and wifi it shows the blue square with the white dot in it then after a while it changes to the E

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
I thought if the E wasn't there it meant you werent in EDGE coverage.

Are you somewhere that you normally get EDGE? I haven't noticed a change at all.
I have av1 and yes I get edge all the time at my house but every once in a while I get the dot. Just want to know what it is.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I think that might be the OTHER data speed. There is 3G, E (for EDGE) and now the blue square with the white dot which I think means the GRPS Network. I still get the E and have had the square/dot once.

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
The blue square with the dot is GPRS which is the very least internet you can get. You are guarenteed to have *at least* this type of the Internet, if not faster if you are in EDGE vacinity...which I'm not so i'm constantly seeing the blue square with white dot :( Unless I'm at home then its wi fi all the way :D

barbie

Bronze
Jul 8, 2008
the driver's seat
how do you know if you are on wifi? I have it turned on and my "home" wifi selected, does it automatically connect

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
how do you know if you are on wifi? I have it turned on and my "home" wifi selected, does it automatically connect
whatever internet connection you currently are on it will show you next to the AT&T on the top left corner either itll have the wifi symbol the 3G or the E for edge and apparently the white circle for what theyre talkin boutin this thread
on the left corner you should see this symbol thats on the left corner of this picture:

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
so how come it doesn't automatically use wifi when I am at home?
im not exactly sure why it doesn't automatically connect for you. try going into teh wifi settings and selecting your home wifi then toggle airplane mode and see if it automaticly goes wifi this time

aahitman

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Denton, TX
Whenever I'm at home and try to use the internet or iTunes store it automatically connects then. Most times when I look at it and am not accessing the internet it has the edge symbol.