Edit button on contacts page is gone

Mar 28, 2011
The edit button on the contacts page has disappeared. Upon advice, I tried rebooting, but it didn't work. Help!

Mar 28, 2011
I took a screen shot but I don't know how to send it to you. Funny thing is that there's an edit button on the screen shot buts it's to edit the photo not the contact.

Mar 28, 2011
I am no expert but I would back up in the cloud and then restore to Factory setting on my PC/Mac and restore from the cloud. If you still have the issue then I would think you need to go to the Applestore.
Thanks for your suggestions. I'll probably just go to the Apple store

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
Are you sure there is no "edit" button in the upper right corner of each contact? This is my first iPhone, but if they changed it from previous versions I could easily see it being missed.

Mar 28, 2011
Are you sure there is no "edit" button in the upper right corner of each contact? This is my first iPhone, but if they changed it from previous versions I could easily see it being missed.
There is no way I could miss seeing the edit button. Plus, on the list of contacts the is no+ button in the upper right to add contacts.

Mar 28, 2011
I have the answer to my problem from the Apple store. Hopefully this will help others who run into this problem. (remember, this was after I upgraded to iOS 5.0). Go to settings. Scroll down to iCloud and make sure that contacts are on. This is a bug and very often in the upgrade, contacts defaults to off and that's why there is no edit button or + symbol on the contacts list.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I have the answer to my problem from the Apple store. Hopefully this will help others who run into this problem. (remember, this was after I upgraded to iOS 5.0). Go to settings. Scroll down to iCloud and make sure that contacts are on. This is a bug and very often in the upgrade, contacts defaults to off and that's why there is no edit button or + symbol on the contacts list.
Great!
Thanks too
typical
the solution could have bite us in the butt

ABCT

Oct 31, 2011
Great!
Thanks too
typical
the solution could have bite us in the butt
Bless all of you who figured this out for me! I just realized that the edit and + buttons were missing and thought I had a long process ahead of me. So glad you saved me a trip to the Apple Store and a lot of aggrevation!