Edit photo on 4S but uploads to photobucket as original?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 3, 2009
I took a pic, edited it....cropped it. Then went to the photobucket app and uploaded it. But when I look in photobucket, it's uploaded as the original picture...uncropped. I can't even see the original picture on the 4S camera roll.

Anyone else notice this?

Is there a fix? I mean besides, reboot, reset, restore?

Oct 3, 2009
Rugaby's advice was actually very good. I have had to reinstall my Photobucket app multiple times due to various problems. The app is a little buggy.
If the image has been cropped, and saved, and the original non-cropped image is not visible in the camera roll...

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Rugaby's advice was actually very good. I have had to reinstall my Photobucket app multiple times due to various problems. The app is a little buggy.
I've also had to delete and reinstall photobucket a couple of times due to it being wired. Always fixes the problem for a while.

Guess good advice isn't desired. So I will go with smart Alec.

Have you tried a restore? Or perhaps a hard reset?

Oct 3, 2009
I've also had to delete and reinstall photobucket a couple of times due to it being wired. Always fixes the problem for a while.

Guess good advice isn't desired. So I will go with smart Alec.

Have you tried a restore? Or perhaps a hard reset?
I have never had a problem with photobucket. Now I see it is doing the same thing with flickr and with the attach pic function of forums.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I have never had a problem with photobucket. Now I see it is doing the same thing with flickr and with the attach pic function of forums.
Just checking so I can try to duplicate this. You take a photo, crop it using the feature on the phone. You go to attach it to a forum, like here, and it actually sends the original?

Oct 3, 2009
Just checking so I can try to duplicate this. You take a photo, crop it using the feature on the phone. You go to attach it to a forum, like here, and it actually sends the original?
That's what I am running into. After resizing it with Simple Resize, it works fine. Just when it's cropped and saved with the stock photo app am I seeing this. Kind of odd. Never tried to do it before.

What's also odd is that I can take a screen shot of the cropped picture and it looks right when uploaded to photobucket or flickr.