Eek! Battery usage

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by MuscleMommy, Dec 23, 2012.

1. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

I have the i5 for about a week now. In beginning my battery was great. But as I have added apps it has gone way down hill.

I am in chemo today and noticed my usage is 40% of battery life from 1 he and 49 minutes of use and that is just from reading FB playing two songs on spotify and downloading a couple of apps. No game playing and maybe reading a couple of news websites.

Whoa man I didn't bringing my charger with me and at this rate it is going to be dead way before I finish. <Sigh>

Is there an app that can help me fours out where I am draining? I have gone I to notifications and turned most off and have lte off, Siri off, Bluetooth off, and I am on wifi

Help a girl out please :) and Hafe a safe Sunday out in the holiday crowds if anyone ventures out

2. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

3. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I have to look at some old threads there is a bunch of items you need to turn off in settings

4. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I have to look at some old threads there is a bunch of items you need to turn off in settings

5. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

I am searching forums now. I am down to 41% and I am not doing much.

6. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I forgot ..look at what your location settings are and the notefications

7. Ibrahim Allaf

Ibrahim Allaf Member
    Bronze

I had the same problem. Easy fix...

Double press the middle button, your running apps will appear in the bottom...

now...

Tap and hold your finger on any one of them (doesn't matter which one, just do it)

you will see a small minus red sign next to each one...tap that small minus icon to close all the apps that you don't currently need as those are what's sucking your battery....

after you have closed a few, swipe the icons to the left to see the next set of icons, then proceed to close the remaining ones

watch how your battery will change :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  8. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

One of the apps you downloaded is the culprit. Are you showing location services being used a lot?

9. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

You could use something like "DataMan Pro". I've stopped using it for now when I realized my data usage at the time didn't endanger my usage limits. This might help in your research. However, Location Services, that arrow in upper right of your screen near the Bluetooth & battery icons could be your problem. GPS usage eats energy mightily. You may want to turn off unnecessary notifications as well.
    Good luck your treatments.

Sent using iCafe app

#9 MrMike6by9, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
  10. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Did you update to 6.0.2? If so, many users are reporting poor battery life after updating.

Sent using iCafe app

11. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I don't believe this.

Sent using iCafe app

12. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

Yes and to think about that was when my battery started going bye bye.

A nurse had a charger and I used that today but my battery is not happy. And my phone ran hot when charging - hmmm I wonder why?

I am still researching and changing settings. I already close out apps on home screen like described above.

I am pretty sick so tonight will be a long one so I am sure I will have plenty of time

13. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Good luck, hope you figure it out. Are you a nurse?

Sent using iCafe app

14. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

No. Sadly am I am a cancer patient. But I am a personal trainer when not fighting the nasty C word.

15. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

I set to re-test it tomorrow to see how it holds up. I am glad I didn't plan to watch a movie today. And I had forgot the iPad so tomorrow I will be packing all my Apple products and chargers lol

16. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I'm so sorry, I wish you the best.:(

17. IphoneTony

IphoneTony Zealot
    Gold

I have had my ip5 for 1 week today and I agree that it has to be the new update. First few days was getting 4 to 5 hours usage with 12 hours standby and had 50% or so still left now I'm lucky if I can have 50 % 6 hours into the day

Sent using iCafe app

18. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

MuscleMommy My battery usage has gotten worse with the 6.0.2 update as well. Have you picked up the 30 pin to lightning adapter so you can use the same charger?

19. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

No I haven't. I need to do that. I have the new charger with the new phone and then the iPad charger (30 pin)

Wonder if Apple will do an update to software soon. Today has been crazy draining on my battery. And I have only really use it for reading. No big apps or downloads or anything crazy.

20. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

Sounds exactly liked mine. Sigh