Eek! Battery usage

MuscleMommy

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 8, 2011
Each one us learns with experience only. So that's quite ok as long as u have the patience to keep doing it again. :)

And about the battery drain, as many have suggested, it all sounds like a location based app. You should go to privacy and location services. Try finding an app name with a grey icon( means it has used location in the last 24 hours) and purple one( the ones using it currently) . Also I turn off all system services under locstion servived as it makes more or less no difference.

Sent using iCafe app
Thanks for the help I am monitoring
The location services. I didn't know you could tell by the colors etc when it was used. Thanks for help. Yes I am learning. ;)

enjoylife1788

Bronze
Jan 7, 2011
Thanks for the help I am monitoring
The location services. I didn't know you could tell by the colors etc when it was used. Thanks for help. Yes I am learning. ;)
Your welcome :)

Yes you can see the colors at the bottom of the page. Accordingly you ca close in on the rogue app.

Sent using iCafe app

enjoylife1788

Bronze
Jan 7, 2011
Were u able to find the culprit?

I think I did. All these while "ask to join networks" was off under wifi. Because I am normally at places where wifi is already configured.

But few days back I switched it on and my battery took a beating. I didn't notice earlier but hadn't install any thing new. So I thought it had to be some setting.

So once again I switched it off and so far so good. I would say just give it a shot.

Sent using iCafe app

MuscleMommy

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 8, 2011
I never figured out the culprit but I turned everything off and did all suggestions and it is better. I try not to be in my phone too much unless I am out at treatment and my treatment partner is on my iPad or something. I am not a techie so I didn't try to close one thing at a time and test it. I did your suggestion too because I did have that switched to ask :-/

Thanks for advising.

enjoylife1788

Bronze
Jan 7, 2011

I think y it would drain is when it has too many wifi networks around and is constantly trying to figure out which one to connect or asking u to insert password for others

And it has definitely made a difference for me. M sure if its related to wifi then this will make it better.

Sent using iCafe app

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey

I think y it would drain is when it has too many wifi networks around and is constantly trying to figure out which one to connect or asking u to insert password for others

And it has definitely made a difference for me. M sure if its related to wifi then this will make it better.

Sent using iCafe app
I keep "Ask to Join Other Networks" off.

lancer_325

Bronze
Jun 9, 2010
I'm not too happy with my phone usage. See the pic for the stats. I'm on 46% which is not great for 3 hours+ of usage. ( Mostly FB, web browsing and email) Id be a heavy enough user ill be honest, but at this rate ill only get about 4 1/2 to 5 hours usage before I have to charge it up again. Is this the general accepted usage for others or what are other people experiencing generally. I have no problem with the standby but the usage is a real pain in the butt :(
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1359476739.003367.jpg

Sent using iCafe app