Eek! Battery usage

MuscleMommy

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 8, 2011
Each one us learns with experience only. So that's quite ok as long as u have the patience to keep doing it again. :)

And about the battery drain, as many have suggested, it all sounds like a location based app. You should go to privacy and location services. Try finding an app name with a grey icon( means it has used location in the last 24 hours) and purple one( the ones using it currently) . Also I turn off all system services under locstion servived as it makes more or less no difference.

Sent using iCafe app
Thanks for the help I am monitoring
The location services. I didn't know you could tell by the colors etc when it was used. Thanks for help. Yes I am learning. ;)

enjoylife1788

Bronze
Jan 7, 2011
Thanks for the help I am monitoring
The location services. I didn't know you could tell by the colors etc when it was used. Thanks for help. Yes I am learning. ;)
Your welcome :)

Yes you can see the colors at the bottom of the page. Accordingly you ca close in on the rogue app.

Sent using iCafe app

Reactions: MuscleMommy

enjoylife1788

Bronze
Jan 7, 2011
Were u able to find the culprit?

I think I did. All these while "ask to join networks" was off under wifi. Because I am normally at places where wifi is already configured.

But few days back I switched it on and my battery took a beating. I didn't notice earlier but hadn't install any thing new. So I thought it had to be some setting.

So once again I switched it off and so far so good. I would say just give it a shot.

Sent using iCafe app

MuscleMommy

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 8, 2011
I never figured out the culprit but I turned everything off and did all suggestions and it is better. I try not to be in my phone too much unless I am out at treatment and my treatment partner is on my iPad or something. I am not a techie so I didn't try to close one thing at a time and test it. I did your suggestion too because I did have that switched to ask :-/

Thanks for advising.

enjoylife1788

Bronze
Jan 7, 2011

I think y it would drain is when it has too many wifi networks around and is constantly trying to figure out which one to connect or asking u to insert password for others

And it has definitely made a difference for me. M sure if its related to wifi then this will make it better.

Sent using iCafe app

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey

I think y it would drain is when it has too many wifi networks around and is constantly trying to figure out which one to connect or asking u to insert password for others

And it has definitely made a difference for me. M sure if its related to wifi then this will make it better.

Sent using iCafe app
I keep "Ask to Join Other Networks" off.

Reactions: MuscleMommy

lancer_325

Bronze
Jun 9, 2010
I'm not too happy with my phone usage. See the pic for the stats. I'm on 46% which is not great for 3 hours+ of usage. ( Mostly FB, web browsing and email) Id be a heavy enough user ill be honest, but at this rate ill only get about 4 1/2 to 5 hours usage before I have to charge it up again. Is this the general accepted usage for others or what are other people experiencing generally. I have no problem with the standby but the usage is a real pain in the butt :(
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1359476739.003367.jpg

Sent using iCafe app