eiC app quietly removed from App Store?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
This is on both the desktop and mobile versions of the site, but the app is gone from the App Store (and from my purchased list). Is it coming back—hopefully with improvements?

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 8.09.10 PM.png

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
The app has ads, where safari does not. Maybe no one is downloading. I deleted mine.
I also dumped the app ages ago because mobile Safari was (and is) doing everything either the same as or better than the app.

But I was wondering as to its stealthy disappearance and why it’s still advertised on the forum pages when it no longer exists.

“Get the app!” it beckons you. But there is no app to be gotten. Must be what Napoleon said. The app fell by the wayside, and seemingly the site operator forgot to remove mentions of the app.

Last edited:

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I had to restore a few weeks ago, and this time iTunes refused to install it onto my iPhone. :(
This is kind of upsetting to me. I currently have a cracked screen and know I'll have to get a replacement within the next 12 days before my AppleCare+ expires. Sounds like I'll lose the app at that time?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
If it's backed up in iTunes, won't it transfer back over if you do a restore?
Sadly I have noticed issues in the past with restoring or using backup to put apps etc back on iPhone. The issue is the apps go on the iPhone but sometimes don't fully install or even begin to install. I would have to manually install them. Unfortunately, eic app gave me these issues. It's not the app, it's the iPhone/iTunes. Obviously I couldn't manually install as it's not in the store anymore.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
This is kind of upsetting to me. I currently have a cracked screen and know I'll have to get a replacement within the next 12 days before my AppleCare+ expires. Sounds like I'll lose the app at that time?
You will not lose the app. As long as you sync with iTunes, you'll always be able to sync the app onto a new phone. They might just replace your screen.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Even just a screen replacement won't solve everything for me as I'm upgrading to the 7 PLUS, hopefully on Friday. I'll be camping out Thursday night at my local ATT Store, but then heading to the big city first thing Saturday morning for a 10:45 AM Appointment at the Genius Bar for the screen replacement so that my wife can have my 6 PLUS once I have my new 7 PLUS.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Even just a screen replacement won't solve everything for me as I'm upgrading to the 7 PLUS, hopefully on Friday. I'll be camping out Thursday night at my local ATT Store, but then heading to the big city first thing Saturday morning for a 10:45 AM Appointment at the Genius Bar for the screen replacement so that my wife can have my 6 PLUS once I have my new 7 PLUS.
Hey, I just took your same road to the big city (Anchorage). :) I thought about you when we passed the turnoff to Soldotna. I wish we would have had time to stop and say hi. I saw the Northern Lights on the way to Seward and I took this (right after passing your turnoff) on the way back:
7.jpg