EIC Email Notifications

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Every single response to any thread I post in gives me an email from EIC linking to the thread. It is just way too many emails, how can I disable this feature once and for all. I've tried in the settings but it only seems to let me choose not to receive notifications for each thread and there is no option to never receive email notifications. Can someone please help?

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Go to USER CP and then edit options, and there is a section for default messaging options called "default thread subscription mode" and then switch to no email notification.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Go to USER CP and then edit options, and there is a section for default messaging options called "default thread subscription mode" and then switch to no email notification.
Thanks you so much. I feel really dumb. I can't believe it was that easy.:sick:

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Its okay, glad I could help :)
Uh oh. I'm not so sure it worked. I just checked my email and I received a notification from this thread saying "It's okay, glad I could help". This was written definitely after I switched the notification to off. Maybe it just takes a little while to take effect?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
That will set your default subscriptions. You can also change this if you would like notification from a particular thread.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
That will set your default subscriptions. You can also change this if you would like notification from a particular thread.
Not sure what you mean by default subscriptions. How can I set it up so I receive no email notifications whatsoever from any thread? That's what I'm trying to accomplish.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
I don't think that it resets your current ones, I think that in the future when you subscribe it won't send you emails. you may have to manually change your current subscriptions.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I don't think that it resets your current ones, I think that in the future when you subscribe it won't send you emails. you may have to manually change your current subscriptions.
Okay that makes sense. Very complicated.:eek:

fan

Mar 26, 2008
Anyone please can tell me: I know if i deleted a message from iPhone, same message will be deleted from my web-account.... but if i deleted a message from my web-account, will it automatically delete the same from my iPhone?

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Anyone please can tell me: I know if i deleted a message from iPhone, same message will be deleted from my web-account.... but if i deleted a message from my web-account, will it automatically delete the same from my iPhone?
yes. Mine does anyway, it syncs both ways.

clark9825

Bronze
Feb 24, 2008
I have my email option set to instant email notification but I never receive any emails when threads that I have subscribe to have been updated. Am I doing something wrong?

Alan

P.S. Hey lucky like the new avatar.

clark9825

Bronze
Feb 24, 2008
I think I may have found my problem in user cp I noticed there were no check marks for the instant notification for my subscribed threads. We will see if this works. :laugh2:

Alan

I take it back it didn't work :-(