EIC Going to be busy next week

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
This site is going to be loaded with posts next week if we get the sdk release.. Its like the calm before the storm right now..

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
im not sure that is true... that is for developers... we wont even know that it hit... other then the people that are making the apps....

it will be the same....

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
well I hope we get something... we all have been waiting for this like its iday

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I would think that if they release the sdk next week or whenever that they would probably have a few or more apps ready right then to play around with. Probably wouldn't be anything too spectacular but who knows?

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes i think that it is going to be like a 2 week wait [for us] before we see anything out of sdk...

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
yes that usually happens. Flow of activity around a release of firmware updates.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
it took a good two weeks before webapps started taking off.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes that is what im saying .... 2 weeks before we will notice anything..... the most action on this site .. in terms of SDK is going to be people asking what it is and that is a maybe .. since not many will even know it is out... i hope that they sell the apps on iTunes.. i have tons of iTunes money from bday and christmas lest over...

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
yes that is what im saying .... 2 weeks before we will notice anything..... the most action on this site .. in terms of SDK is going to be people asking what it is and that is a maybe .. since not many will even know it is out... i hope that they sell the apps on iTunes.. i have tons of iTunes money from bday and christmas lest over...
me too but I hope we can buy/get them from the iTunes on the phone instead/along with the computer

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes along would be nice, instead... not everyone has wifi access that might be problematic to them

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I would expect quite a bit of commotion around here next week assuming that a few applications are released immediately due to the pre-release to a few developers. Otherwise, I don't expect too much. This is of course if the SDK is released next week.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
woow apps released that day too .. that is cool... i hope that it is not just games.. like the ones that they have for ipod.. i want apps not games...

mad_vtak

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
They will probably release the new firmware before releasing any apps.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I am expecting most of the posts next week will be "Has anyone jailbroken 1.1.4 yet?" (if they actually release a firmware update with the release of the SDK.)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Maybe. We thought the same thing pre-Macworld and there wasn't a really big traffic jump.

If there isn't a big event, and the only notification of the SDK's release is on the Hot News portion of Apple's website, then there won't be any more traffic until apps begin to appear.

- John

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I expect the iPhone SDK will bring more readers to EIC. I bet you'll see a number of old members coming back and the place should be jammin'. This is Apple and more importantly Steve Jobs. I'd be extremely shocked if the release doesn't bring the typical fanfare of a major Apple announcement. My gut says "town hall" style announcement of the released flocked by a few major developers getting on board. Of course, expect a Steve-Demo® of the apps followed by--- "Available later today....on iTunes." Crowd applauses....

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
well it was fun to see how this site was at the moment 1.1.4 was announced I said it would be crazy but it was not as bad as if sdk would of came out... was fun seeing everyone start topics 1.1.4 is out over and over again

Is it that hard for them to notice a thread was already started?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
New MacBooks (That I like; I'll be getting one), 1.14 (Nothing but bug fixes and preparation for SDK), and a 2GB Shuffle.

- John