EIC logo?

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
the easiest way to do this i think would to just make a tiny logo on the top right corner of the page. that means all you have to do is make the icon while you're zoomed into the corner.

right now my EIC icon looks like this because i zoomed in to the corner when i made it

i wonder how easy it is to make a logo as google did...

Last edited by a moderator:

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
ok this is what i got, i get teh custom EIC logo when im on the home page, but i never go there i go to the forums only so when i go to save the forum section i don't get the cool logo....

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Awesome logo. Now TUAW and the NY Times need to make one. I don't like their icons being screenshots.

- John

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
EIC has a cool one but it wont work for me because i only use the forum and do not want to short cut the home page then go to forums, that would be defeating what s a short cut is, im sure that chris will add the short cut to the forum later...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
If any of you have a site, and would like to create a logo that will be used when the site is bookmarked, I've found a way by playing around with my company's website: (Yes, I'm allowed to; I operate the site.)

Design the icon, making it a 57x57 PNG.
Name it "apple-touch-icon.png".
Place the icon in your websites root folder.

- John

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
If any of you have a site, and would like to create a logo that will be used when the site is bookmarked, I've found a way by playing around with my company's website: (Yes, I'm allowed to; I operate the site.)

- John
that is AWESOME

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana

- John
Kind of like a favicon huh?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Okay, we're all set for the homepage and forums. Both icons work.

Expect modifications from time to time as I'll start having fun with the icon -- improving the design, etc.

-Chris

TimmBxX

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Okay, we're all set for the homepage and forums. Both icons work.

Expect modifications from time to time as I'll start having fun with the icon -- improving the design, etc.

-Chris
thanks! its perfect now, let us know when you update it!