EIC Member's post your Ping! ID ...

primsa

Bronze
Dec 12, 2007
Rockford Il.
It would be cool at first then become a giant pain in the but.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yes, publicly displaying your Ping, I've found, is a bad idea. I'm getting all sorts of random pings from people I don't know, which is quite annoying without a blocking feature. I'm probably going to have to change my name as a result.

Why people feel the need to go pinging random folks they don't know for no reason whatsoever... I just don't get it.

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
Yes, publicly displaying your Ping, I've found, is a bad idea. I'm getting all sorts of random pings from people I don't know, which is quite annoying without a blocking feature. I'm probably going to have to change my name as a result.

Why people feel the need to go pinging random folks they don't know for no reason whatsoever... I just don't get it.
I have an answer to your question. I hate to be so cynical, but I just love to use this saying when applicable : "the masses are asses". :eek:k:eek:k

scottjf8

Silver
Aug 12, 2008
4.2.2.1 keeps asking the same question ;)

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten

Can you change your name? My buddy installed this and set it up with a misspelled name and can't change it. He even deleted the app and reinstalled it, but it just recognized his phone. He seems to be stuck with it.

And about posting my Ping!......nope

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah, I got 4 random pings while sleeping last night. I've heard you have to contact the dev to change your name, but I don't know where or how. Anyone?

edit: gary.fung on ping :eek:k:eek:k