EIC on iPhone problems

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Forgive me if this has been posted before, I did a search and nothing came up. But does anyone else have trouble with EIC on the iPhone's Safari (not on the computer but on the iPhone). For some reason when I am on this website on my iPhone it takes me back to the EIC home screen when I try to view a post. When I switch to old template it switches back to the new one as soon as I try to view a post. Any ideas? Is this just on my phone?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I eneded up having to restore and rejailbrake. You are on 2.1, right? There is an extensive thread on this where I wore poor Chris out trying to fix it...There is a solution and I'll try and hunt it down for you.

EDIT- Try this out.

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Let me know if that post OJ referred you to resolves the issue. I'm a bit tied up today with G1 unboxing stuff, but I will put the whole mobile template issue back on my priority list (EIC icon and all).

-Chris

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Thanks for your help OJ ( I should have searched WTF? LOL), anyways, i still can't get it to work. It will not keep me logged in and when I go to view a post it just takes me back to the threads page. I guess I can't EIC on my iPhone at work for now.
Help Chris. :(

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
thanks for your help oj ( i should have searched wtf? Lol), anyways, i still can't get it to work. It will not keep me logged in and when i go to view a post it just takes me back to the threads page. I guess i can't eic on my iPhone at work for now.
Help chris. :(
restore time

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Chris.... how about adding an EDIT button for the iPhone EIC site. It kinda sucks to post something and see you mispelled something and cant go back and edit.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Chris.... how about adding an EDIT button for the iPhone EIC site. It kinda sucks to post something and see you mispelled something and cant go back and edit.

There is an edit button. It should show up at the bottom right of your posts on the "old/full web version" of the site. I don't know about the mobile version of this site, I won't use that. But I can't see why it wouldn't be there either....

EDIT: see I just edited this post with the red font and this addition

Last edited by a moderator: